Hydro Indoor?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by the650nerd, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hello Grasscity,
    I've decided to take a few pictures and upload them to this site in hopes of starting a journal.
    This is my first journal.

These plants are freshly cloned and about 2 weeks in now.
    Because of the cha0tic transfer rate in the process of setting my hydro set up, I am just starting to see growth in the plants. I guess they were in shock for a couple days.

My setup:
    (1) Heavy Duty 70 Liters/Minute Air Pump w/12 hose adapter.
    (6) 40 Watt 6500k Fluorescent Lights
    (2) 40 Watt 5000K Fluorescent Lights
    (12) Black 5 Gallon Buckets
    (12) Black NetPots in Lid
    (12) Airstones
    (Hella) Hydrocorn (instead of Hydroton).
    Advanced Solution Nutrients (Micro, Grow, Bloom).
    pH Up & Down.
    pH Test Equipment
    PPM Reader

I have two closets, one with 6 plants (6 buckets) and the other closet with 8 plants (6 buckets). Each bucket is equipped with an airstone which is attached to the air pump - every bucket is delivered plentyful oxygen.

I'm following the directions provided by Advanced Solutions and I'm giving the full dosage (because I have the ph/ppm test equipment).

Each bucket is steady at around 500ppm and a 6.0ph level at 68 degrees F.

3 gallons water in each bucket.

Since in first week vegging: 15ml micro, 30ml grow, 15ml bloom.

Clone in the rockwool sitting on a thin layer of hydrocorn then the rest of the net pot is filled with hydrocorn.

Air Pump is always running.
    Lights are set at 18/6.

Let's see how this grow turns out.
    And I'm posting pictures so that way people can either learn from or even spit advice out to me.
    I'm open for feedback and advice.
    :D

Anyway.
    Onto the end of my first week in the DWC set up.
    Here are the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Nice set up mayynn.. But, are those TWO plants in ONE bucket in that last pic?

3. Asking for real, no troll. My stupid phone takes like 17 minutes to load ANY pic. So I'm squinting to see the thumbnail

4. Going to need more light for 6 5 gallon buckets

5. After 45 mins of loading the pic, confirmed. 2 plants in one pot... Bro, I never done a hydro grow. But I have grown mj outdoors. And one of my first mistakes was 2 plants in ONE pot. They just need to be alone. The bucket, or pot, has to be REALLY BIG to fit two plants. So, idk about hydro. But I would just say, see what happens.

6. I would think one plant will choke out the other it happens all the time!

7. Howdy! Appreciate the replies! :-D

And yeah, man! I actually had an issue with a couple plants when I was planting them ladies: the rockwool was pretty tightly bounded by connecting roots. I didn't know if it would be a smart idea to break literally each root that was present between the two plants.. thus I decided to leave them together.
    I've not grown two in one bucket before so this will be a completely new experiment for me as well!
    :-D
    I think that they will end up choking the shit out of each other though. Haha.
    We'll see though.

8. 5 gallon buckets with 3 gallons of water in each one.
    2 inch space between the aerated solution and the net pot.

9. The lights have been off for 6 hours now so I'm going to go check on the girls :D

Will be back with an update.

10. Just checked on the girls:

Roots have shot out from every netpot in my left closet.
    Growth in the plants is evident, though not drastic as it's a day's improvement.
    I did, however, top a few of the plants which new nodes are already popping up. :D

The plants to the right closet, the roots have not shot out yet, but that's probably because they are more fresh into the vegging stage than the other side.

I'll be posting weekly pictures.

11. Very slight browning of the roots?! :| HELP

12. ForumRunner_20130104_070732.png

ForumRunner_20130104_070902.png

ForumRunner_20130104_070944.png

About to flower in a day or two.

13. Evry things looking good from what i see, and its common to see darker roots because of the nutes, if there is no foul smell and there will also be a film in the water as well. Make sure u cover every possible hole in ur reservwar cus that is what causes root rot.

14. Thanks for the input! I have covered up all the holes. I took some preventative steps after I noticed the browning. I have extended my vegging for another three days as all my flowering stage bulbs were smashed due to a heavy box falling on them in storage. How unfortunate lol.
    I'll be inputting 20 60 watt 2700k fluorescent bulbs per 12 plants.
    I chose fluorescent over hps because I've had better results through experience with hydro.
    o_O
    Lol
    I'll keep posted with new pictures and what not.

Much appreciate any feedback, comments.
    Thanks a bunch!

ForumRunner_20130106_103659.png

ForumRunner_20130106_103713.png

ForumRunner_20130106_103728.png

ForumRunner_20130106_103744.png

ForumRunner_20130106_103817.png