hydro fish pump nosie

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fighters2, Jan 27, 2006.

1. i have a air pump for hydrophonics and set it up in my grow box today to check the nosie out. IT WAS LOUD. at least it would get me cought up.

i have the grow box in this shed far away from my house but it is dead quiet ,some times my parents come in and would probably hear that shit humming away. any help on fixin this so i can get rolling soon would be great!

also the pump i have says its up two a 60 gallon tank (maby overkill?) , i have room for 4 plants. thanks for the help GC im almost there!

2. yer i have to same problem i got a room for 4-5plants but my water pupm witch came with my grow tray makes a rigth noisey humming sound and u can can hear it in the other room does anyone know how i could make it a bit quiet nathan:eek:

3. put it on something soft, to isolate the vibrations.

4. Exactly, and if its mounted on anything for whatever reason, put a rubber pad or cloth between it and whatever its mounted on. It will reduce noise a lot.

5. kool thanx people feel a bit of a nob for not thinking of that but thats life thanx for da help people n:hello: