Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Hydro air bubble stone

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ItsDiesel, Aug 23, 2019.

1. whats everyone’s favorite size air bubbler for hydro? DWC system. Been using 4x2 size with good coverage but wondering what’s most popular. Saw the pancake styles, so they spit off a noticeable amount more ? Using 5 gal buckets. Thanks for info

2. I dont notice any substantial difference between the 4inch bars and the discs.

I have two 4" bars in one bucket and one 4" disc in another one.

the discs seem to be way more expensive. I don't think they are worth it.

3. Thank you, I’m using the 4” too and see the disks are substantially more cash. If it was making a noticeable difference I could justify it. Nice to hear some real input, thanks J

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you, I’m using the 4” too and see the disks are substantially more cash. If it was making a noticeable difference I could justify it. Nice to hear some real input, thanks J

• Like Like x 1
  5. the amount of air you're feeding your plants does not change depending on your air stone size/shape. the only thing air stones do is make smaller/more bubbles, but your pump controls how much air is going into your buckets. you will feed the same amount of air with medium/large stones as the disc stones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The disks are worth it in my opinion. Having to buy two large cylinder air stones. One disk seems to even out perform two air stones. However I am switching to soil soon. Much easier for someone who works 6 days a week for the most part

7. Okay thank you! I figured more bubbles = more aeration and better uptake potentially for the roots..I’m going to keep staying with the cylinders I’m using

8. The round spherical air stones seem to make more bubbles than the cyclinders. I think it because the air is forced out and disperesed evenly. The spherical type also keep my minnows alive better than the cylindrical type.