hydro advice for a NOOB

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chefcraig, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Me and my house mate hav decided to start our own hydro system. Bought everything needed except a t5 or a 23w daylight.

wot we would like is a basic step by step guide/advice. light cycles, cocco or hydro pebs, leave the water on 24/7 or on a timer, use jiffy plugs or plastic cups wiv cocco.

weve got a 8 pot wilma system wiv a 600hps in a well vented tent. all help and advice is welcome

2. I would start with a soil grow first but if u must pick up "The Marijuana Growers Handbook" by Ed Rosenthal or anythinh by Jorge Cervantes and read up on the Hydroponics chapters

3. decided on hydro coz i work long shifts and my mate works away during the. hydro is ideal for us, so we dont hav to worry about watering, feeding the plants.

thanks for book title

4. "Marijuana Horticulture, The indoor/outdoor Medicak Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes is also a Top Read. U do know that Hydro growing is less forgiving than soil growin right?

5. i will start looking for a copy asap. yeah ive been warn about hydro, no doubt it will take a while to get good results.

after the seeds hav sprouted, how much light do they require??

6. they need at least 18 hours of light when there in the vegitative period. Once you think there ready to flower then put them under the HPS with a 12/12 light cycle. As far as watering goes...I water 3 times a day for about 10 min each time. I use a drip irrigation system for my seedlings and clones and a ebb and flow for my flowering plants.

I would Use the t5's for the veg plants also...I currently am using them and they are working great....low heat so i can get them real close with out them burning and alot of lumens. Plus there very cheap to run and thats always a good thing. :)

hope this helps a little.

7. wasnt sure how much light they needed in the jiffy plugs before they are ready to be moved in to the hydro tubs. what wattage t5 would u recommend for 8 plants??

8. Um Im not sure the wattage, I have 2 2 foot 4 bulb t5 housings that kick out 32000 lumins and I grow 2 mothers and 6 clones under that....hope that helps. Ill try and find the wattage out for you.

9. When I die BURY ME LIKE THAT! +rep