HVY mini beaker VS EHLE 250ml

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by caseball2051, Nov 16, 2009.

1. #1 caseball2051, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    what would you do? both are the same price, both are 3mm glass, EHLE is slightly more actually due to the high cost shpping from the UK or wherever EDIT is located. the EHLE is also 12inches tall vs the 9inches of the HVY.

the HVY piece is from a company within the US.

Any help?

2. I really have no experience with either company, but I have heard many good things about EHLE, so I would have to go with them. I am not saying HVY isn't a good piece, bc I have seen some of there stuff and it's legit, but from talking to people and listening to other people, I think that everyone that has bought an EHLE has been happy with it, and they also have good price points. Also you get a couple more inches which will be sweet and won't make your bong seem so small.

Good luck tho brotha.... :bongin:

3. I can't comment on the HVY.
    But I have owned a 250ml EHLE along with my current 500ml EHLE.
    I love them both, couldn't ask for more for the money.
    Based on your post, the hvy is extremely small. My 250ml was as small as id go for a bong, it was travel size even.
    I've heard good things about most HVY, but the one your considering might be too small for your liking.
    Either way, EHLE makes amazing glass.

4. honestly, even 3 inches shorter i think that the capactiy of the HVY might be more than the EHLE. im leaning towards the EHLE cause i like the straight tube over the beaker.

5. The glass thickness of those 250ml EHLE's is only 2.5

6. Same for me. Straights>Beakers.

7. EDIT emailed me directly and said it was approximately 3.2mm.

i emailed them to ask.

8. edit is full of shit

HVY's are better quality than ehle, id say definitely go with hvy

9. that is the one i was referring to.

not allowed to link to other sites so i didnt post it exactly.

10. Why....?

11. My shop carries alot of HVY's and they are all solid, nice pieces. Never seen an ehle in person, but I'd have to say the HVY is definitely thicker...

12. hmmm havent owned either...... but the only thing that would keep me from getting the EHLE would be the glass thickness... but still a nice tube regardless... and the HVY... i have heard nothing but good things from them since i have been at gc (same goes for EHLE really...:rolleyes:)... so im gonna say there is pros to both tubes but i would personally go with the HVY.. no particular reason... :wave::D:p

13. you guys are late, i got the EHLE.

its an awesome piece and id recommend it to anyone.

14. hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha i didnt even notice when this thread was made... .. its ok people... its under control

edit: thats a lame 900th post.....

15. Naw. It wasn't lame. I've been trying to decide between the 100ml Ehle and the HVY Mini-Beaker, so I kind of resurrected this thread. Your input is much appreciated.

I'm not going to be using this glass for smoking. Plan on using it with my vapes.

16. i just found this thread. i own the hvy mini beaker and it is awesome! although not as big or fancy as some of my other pieces, i still love it, and it gets daily use. it is really small, but it doesn't feel too small. i can comfortably hold the bottom of the beaker in one hand while i'm hitting it. although it's only 3 mm glass, it feels pretty sturdy. a few knocks won't hurt it. my only complaints would be the joint and the downstem, although i guess those complaints are based on my personal preferences. the joint is in the glass, as opposed to being welded onto the glass, which i prefer. this makes it easy for the downstem to wobble if it isn't positioned correctly. the downstem is an 18-14mm reducing bushing downstem, whereas i prefer a regular 18-18mm downstem. i wanted to replace the downstem with a diffuser, but i cannot find a diffuser that is short enough. the length of the downstem is 6.5 cm from the bottom of the joint to the end of the stem.

overall it's a great piece, and i would recommend it to anyone, especially for the price. that being said, the ehle still looks like a nice piece that i would definitely consider. the only ehle piece i own is an 18.8 mm activated carbon adapter, but i can tell from that piece that ehle is high quality glass. the joints are nice and thick and have no wobble.

i'm glad you like your ehle!

17. Thanks for the input. I'm not gonna be smoking outta this puppy. Gonna be using it with my vapes.

18. I had the ehle 100ml and it was the perfect size for my VB. my only hang up about it was it was too light and it flopped right over if the whip was left hooked up too it. fortunately its small size and super light weight do actually help it during a fall. it slipped out of my bro's hand and fell about 3.5 feet bounced a few times on the tile but remained unscratched.

unfortunately I have no experience with hvy. it's listed as 3mm, but the downside to beakers is they all get thinner in the blown out sections. its 3mm in the neck, but that base may actually be thinner than the EHLE.

19. Yeah. The larger base due to the beaker style may make the HVY a bit more stable, eh?