"Hurt" by NIN/Covered by Johnny Cash

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by RMJL, Mar 4, 2003.

1. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of Johnny Cash covering "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails. I love the NIN original version but there's something about an icon such as Cash doing this song. He's like 70 or something and apparently has some kind of respect for Trent Reznor to do the song. I was impressed but I have a lot of respect for Cash, anyway.

http://www.krockradio.com/cash/

You can see the video here if you haven't already.

2. I think it's a great version, Not such a big fan of Mr.cash but that song was quite "strong"

3. I saw it a while back and almost cried, I'm pretty sure he's trying to say something by covering that song.

4. I agree with you, KraziHare. I'm sure he was tring to say something, too.

(Hey Bud Head...am I right about this? Doesn't he live in your area? I think it's him that lives there or either I'm getting him confused with someone else like him. Whoever it is does some cool stuff around Christmas.)

5. Alot of the music stars lives in my area. There are to many to even start to name!

Johnny Cash died almost a month or so ago. If I'm not mistaken and I don't think I am.

He lived about 40 miles froom me..

6. That was amazing, a vey touching cover of an excellent song. I suppose to me, based on the images of the video, it seems as if he is reflecting upon his life in the spotlight. Who is the woman who is seen standing next to him in some frames? I think I might be able to comment more if I knew more about his background..

But nevertheless, that was incredible

7. I love this.

You can also see this and many other videos at www.markromanek.com

He was the director of this video.

This is probably one of my favorite songs ever, and to hear Johnny Cash singing it is awesome.

8. Well, I know that a lot of stars live there, silly. I used to see them all of the time in Nashville. I just meant him in particular. It was him I was thinking about. I drove past his neighborhood all of the time going to see friends in Franklin.

No, he's alive, I think. He just received a Grammy and his birthday was the 26th of February. It says nothing about a death on his website.

9. beautiful song. i think johnny cash relates to the song alot. hes just a simple man with the burden of fame. "and you can have it all. my empire of dirt." "i wear this crown of thorns, apon my liers chair." the video is filled with sadness and happyness. very beautiful video.