Hurry Quick

Discussion in 'General' started by Starlore, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Someone tell me how to deal with their intense anxiety.

The xanax stopped working, just like, all together, so I can't just take more and expect that to work. And its not because I take it recreationally at times too, because my recreational dose is pretty much what my doctor prescribes me. (I usually have a low tolerance to meds). The alcohol is not strong enough to drown out the increasing panic and tonight I can't stop freaking the fuck out. I've smoked, taken my xanax, had something to drink, things that all normally relax me. Nothing.

Some fucking times I don't even know why I get these panic attacks. The anxiety makes living unbearable at times and if I were to try and complete a task or work while having one, the job would be a dream away and a year too late before I even started its construction.

I try to stay positive as much as possible, but I think Christmas yesterday kind of pushed me over the edge. (not a good subject to talk about, Christmas has always seemed to make me depressed, and I felt incredibly guilty this year as specially without enough cash to get gifts for people who gave me gifts, or for those I love and care about. When I'm depressed I feel like I disappoint people opening gifts up, also, because it's like.... Yeah I really enjoy the thought and gift, but at this moment in time.... I just can't be happy, and I know that hurts someone who is watching you open something they spent time and consideration in picking out special for me.).

The only two people I've been able to count on in my life for the past... well, 6 years for one and forever for the other are no longer around to help. I'd rather not mention reasons because I was left with none as well. I mean, I can count on my parents, but that's totally different. I can count on them for moral support, but not to understand... It's weird, as they can't really console me as much as they'd like to as they've never been through what I am going through.

I think I finally found someone else I can open up too recently, I let my guard down and now that's a shambled mess and I didn't even do anything wrong. But it's like, the first new person I open up too in real life in six years, and now I don't even know what it is that we'll become, as I can't even get in contact with them and I know they've gotten my msg's and are ignoring me. I don't trust or open up easily, as specially in real life, so this doesn't help much at all.

I'm so glad I have my blades to talk too on AIM. I swear. Some of you are closer than any of my real life friends could ever be, and I've shared/enjoyed a lot of my experiences with you all. (In real life and on AIM). You all have been a crutch for me for some time now.... Just please don't break on me now.

But seriously, anxiety attack right now. Freaking the fuck out. Talking like this helps somewhat... But seriously. When you're being drowned from all angles and you don't know where it's coming from to plug the drain or patch the hole, it seems like you just have to ride it out.... and seconds turn into minutes which turn into hours. No time passes at all.

How someone can be whole but still feel so hollow I'll never know.

Sorry for my ramblings. I'll probably look at this thread and delete it in an hour if I've somehow found a way to calm myself.

Stay Safe,
    Starlore.

2. This may not work for you but when I'm nervous I like being in a small place by myself, I try ot go out to teh car and turn the radio on and just relax, sometimes knowing NO ONE knows where am I am calms me down, but I have a different typpe of anxiety, like the type that I'm watching over my shoulder everywhere i go...

3. Try deep breathing. Exhale until you can't anymore, and then breathe in from your diaphram. Repeat.

4. I have a lot of different anxiety problems stemming from OCD. So I know what you mean totally.

And, don't think your advice was not taken, but I already tried that approach. With gas prices going down I didn't mind driving around for an hour and a half aimlessly, with the radio off and the windows rolled up.

I don't think it helped my situation too much though, being alone without even music to keep me company.

At least the GPS talks to me.

5. I'll tell you this DO NOT let drugs become your way our of anxiety, I did it and it sounds like we have similar issues, when you don't have the durg(s) that fix the problem than it gets 40x worse, PM me if you need somoen to talk to or get me on AIM i'll be on a little later.. GL man.

6. I do this a lot. Needless to say, it works really well if you're the paranoid-anxious type (I am).

Starlore: Cut the substances. Stop smoking, drinking, and taking the xannies. I've been sober this week and I noticed that a lot of my anxiety disappears (and I just toke!).

7. I don't smoke anything but budd, and I dont drink a lot really... just a beer or two. but I guess I could stop that too.

The xannies are doctor prescribed to help treat my anxiety. They seemed to work better than the klonopin at first , but now im not so sure. I don't think I should stop taking medication I've been prescribed for my anxiety, at least not until I talk to my doctor first. Maybe something like buspar would be better. (specially since there is no recreational value to that, and I do have a tendency to go overboard when I find there are limits I can push).

I really appreciate any advice given, whether it can be used or not. Any support helps.

I just hate feeling like the walls are closing in.

8. I have a gut feeling that xanax and other anti-depressants just cover up underlying problems that cause anxiety. That's why I'm against them, doctor prescribed or not.

9. Bark like a dog. Trust me.

10. :-( hearing that makes me sad. I love you, Starlore.

11. go outside, and get some fresh air. tkae some deep breaths. that always makes me nice and optimistic. then the rest comes naturally. it flows almost.

12. You don't need to apologize for rambling either, you talking and other people listening and talking to you helps you out so no apologies :)

13. Bark like a cat.