HURRY!! Need ideas for homemade drip system before Thanxgiving Break!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by It's All Real, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Hey everyone, just had a quick ?. I'm a college kid looking forward to thanxgiving break but i have three plants growing in my closet in my apt at college. Does anyone know any effective drip systems that dont cost $$$. Also, my tallest plant is about 1' and some of the stems toward the top are turning purple....is this nutrient deficiency or something else? thanx guys

2. wow, thanx for all the help guys. dont be bashful. any ideas are good ideas at this point. plz let me know what you think of.

3. uhmm.. kind of a tough question for me but i can help, try looking up a bubble bucket system maybe? i know they have homemade ones, how long are you gonna be away from your plants?

4. my college thxgiving break is only 5 days, if you water 1.5x or even 2x before you leave you could prolly make it 5 days. Urgr8tstfear waters once weekly... so if you are gone from say a tues night and water just before you leave and as soon as you get back you should be fine. Shit come back a day early to em just to be sure. I water mine every 3-4 days and they dont mind.

if thats not an option, get a really small water pump and use a splitter and a timer. get a bucket of water and set it to come on for 30 minutes each day. figure out how much water it will pump to each in that half hour, then if necessary cut it down and have one go back to the reservoir.

5. I think I am going to be gone for about 10 days so that is way too long. I guess if i had to i could make a trip since it is only about 2 hrs away but dont really want to. more ideas welcome

6. easy!

5 gallon bucket $2
    small water pump $5
    a few feet of hose $2
    timer $5

okay so a digital timer would be better cause then you could set it to any amount of time to deliver the right amount of water to your plants. a dial timer will work, but it will need to be a 30 minute incriment one.

set the timer and test how much water it delivers to each plant and adjust the time to deliver the right amount of water.

submerge the pump in the reservoir, making sure you will have enough water for 10 days. then run the hose to a splitter, and then each split to another. i know you have 3 plants so run one hose back to the reservoir to assure that each will get the same amount of water to each. check out the pics, its really quite easy and cheap.

Attached Files:

7. ok so i need a irrigation system just like u just said. can you tell me what kind of stuff i should get and talk more about this idea of yours...