Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hurricane Bong Or Roor?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Jethro Tull, Nov 6, 2004.

1. any of you guys heard of a "hurricane" bong? they're pretty new, they are supposed to make the smoke spin really fast (hence the name hurricane bong) and it spins off a lot of the tar molecules and what not. They are very expensive (500+) and ive been contemplating getting the RooR Dealers Cup (of course pimped out with diffuser and ashcacther and stuff) or the hurricane bong. if anyone knows anything about them let me know which would be a better choice. Thanks for your time sorry for long thread.:smoke:

2. do you have a link or something for those of us that havn't seen one?

3. Personally I would get a high end RooR, the Hurricane is good, but I think the RooRs look nicer and hit a little better... I would definitely go with the 7mm IceMaster, get 18.8mm with the Bistabil Joint, Diffuser, Ash Catcher, with diffuser for ash catcher... you should probably pick up a 10cm extension for it too if you wanted... and get some customisations done... check out www.myroor.com (edit, this site only sells RooR's, GC does not carr RooR's .. this is not direct competition) ... , it'll be expensive.. like $700 bucks for a nicely customized IceMaster 7.0... but worth it over a Hurrican IMO.. :D

edit: .

4. Wow, who would spend so much on this mod for a roor:

gold logo
    roor gold/diamond £ 699.00.

Thats just for a gold RooR bong logo with a small diamond, £700 just for that!

I was looking at some roors the other day, as i still have never smoked out of a glass bong in my 3 year toking history. Just so expensive. Ill afford one some time.

5. damn 10 min. late for 4:20 ... still deserves a bowl tho :hello:

6. here is the most info on the hurricane i could find. Hurricane Bong
    They look pretty sweet but the price is pretty outrageous.

7. GROSS! It has a carb hole? What, how gay is that!

And the myroor site did not show for me.

Dude, go with the RooR. It has its reputation that follows with it. And well, you have the money to drop, so I look forward to your pictures.

8. Your only paying for innovation with the hurricane. Its a great idea, but probably complete BS. If you were to see a significant amount of tar thrown off from the spinning. It would eventually coat the whole bong, which just doesn't happen. I would highly recomend the roor. But its your bong, what you want is the most important part.

9. I bought a hurricane not too long ago and its probably the best purchase ive ever made. The glass is incredibly strong and theres even videos online of people throwing and kicking them around with no problem. Personally i'm a little too scared of what could happen to try it, but it did get knocked off a counter onto the wood floor, landed in the worst possible position, and all that broke was the downstem and bowl but since it came with 2 downstems the only thing that had to be replaced was the bowl. As far as the swirling smoke goes it works very well. The one i picked up is the dti 600 goldeneye and after only a few uses the entire piece starts changing colors and you can see tar starting to build up in the jets.

My only complaint is the piece itself isnt as big as i expected and if i could go back i would probably shoot for the 750 since you can get a clear one that is essentially the same price as the gold one i picked up. Also, i've noticed i get smoother hits once the piece is a little dirty. A hit from the hurricane when it's clean generally leads to me coughing my lungs up for about 15 minutes, but after a little build up its the smoothest hit ive ever had.

The carb really isnt a problem at all and without it i dont think the hurricane would work quite as well. After you take your finger off of it all the smoke in the piece shoots into your lungs at once and its quite a surprise the first time you hit it and none of my other pieces even come close to the amount of smoke i can take in on one hit from it. If you have the money its a worthwhile purcahse. I've never personally hit a roor but my friend that has says the hurricane is the way to go.

10. wow good job bumping a 3 year old thread

but since you took the time to bump ill take the time to voice my opinion

Hurricanes Are awesome if you dont care about spending 6-800 on a piece

they are made really well , they swirl when you hit it , they have what looks like laser drilled holes in the

side to make the smoke swirl , like i said if you have the money it will be the best purchase ever

As someone stated above hurricanes are made out of thick ass glass BUT they WILL break

About 2 months ago i decided to take the hit and spend 630 on a clear fire/water hurricane 750

took it home ripped the fuck out of it, i loved the damn thing, invited a friend over

it was sitting on my glass coffee table , my friend hit it , it fell over , and broke at the neck

The stem was still in tack to my surprise , but the fucking neck where you put your mouth was broken

My friend ended up paying me back, i bought a 3 foot beaker bottomed roor, now im selling the roor

gonna get the money i make off of it and im thinking about getting another cane off EDiT,

Moral of the story , if you can drop 6-800$ cash on a bong without getting sick to your stomach

then i say the cane is for you.

Also i just purchased a mini lux perc and honestly the mini lux is the closest you will get to ripping

a hurricane without actually hitting one. Or any lux perc for that matter

And just so you know i have : an 18 inch Roor Beaker Forest green , an 18 inch roor straight Blue , a 3

foot roor beaker blueand a mini lux beaker perc, and my friend owns a 18inch roor lil sista beaker

And after saying that i would take a hurricane 750 over all the pieces i listed above

11. I'd get the roor.

12. is was woundering if any has seen hurricanes in a headshop near near SF or anywhere. because no one carrys them in heashops.or u can only get them online.

13. i was on haight yesterday and 2 of the shops i went into had the hurricane. try ashbury tabacco.. its across from a tattoo shop and has a blue awning

14. I just got a tsunami, which is the American version of the Hurricane and it is a little cheaper, but is almost identical to the Hurricane. This bong rips. I've tried several bongs, and this is now my favorite. You can hit it really fat, while having one of the smoothest smokes at the same time. Cleaning it is ridiculously easy, almost a joke. The glass seems very sturdy as well. The piece is very pricey, but it is worth almost every penny. I don't see myself getting another piece after this one. Highly recommended.

15. I just got my tsunami from San Jose. The Headshop is called "Up In Smoke" They had Hurricanes and Tsunamis. However, the tsunami was almost half as much and pretty much identical to the HUrricanes.

16. ROOR.

can't put a price on quality. I have a roor and with everyday use, switching bong waters, with the wear and tear the glass takes roor withstands well.

17. I've always thought the Hurricanes looked nice and i've seen them in person. very high quality. In no way am i saying ROOR is not a good bong but, i'm sure everyone knows your mainly paying for the name, and untill i see a video of someone kicking a roor across a room like they did a hurricane. I would take the hurricane.

18. #19 Deleted member 86623, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
    edit: tornadoes...

19. Tsunamis are not knockoff Hurricanes like the "Tornadoes" and Bushmaster Cyclone. Tsunamis are the American made version of a Hurricane, like Roor US.

Hurricanes are only made in Austria, using stress free boro-silicate glass called Schott glass. Hurricane has a hard time importing to the US because of our drug laws. So they issued only about 5 licenses in the US to produce hurricanes. From what I've heard, Tsunami is a bunch of glass blowers in Arizona who have the licenses and are making them.

Tsunami is identical to hurricane, they import the same Schott glass, blow them the same way, and also use the same technique to form the air jets. From what I've heard each jet has to be laser cut at precise angles to create the best vortex and each jet is pretty expensive. Thats why the 3-jet model is usually less than a 6-jet.

I just bought a 1000cc six jet golden window/frosted topgrip Tsunami and its the smoothest toke around. It takes a little getting used to since you're drawing outside air into the hit but as long as you don't put too much water in, it will milk up thick even with the added air.

I've never gotten hits out of anything like this bong. The best part is that a hurricane retails for 350 for a 750cc clear model. I got a 1000cc gold/frosted Tsunami that listed for $350 for $259. Our new headshop owners are awesome at cutting deals.