Hunting

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by theiceman447, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Its amazing. Even if you dont harvest anything your still out bonding with nature.

2. I could not agree more. Coming from a city I had no idea what silence was. How many stars there are. How you can see by starlight in the snow on a really clear and crisp night. How many animals there are. I just follow the tracks. Mule deer, lions, coyotes, antelope, wolves, and bear! Holy cow it's absolutely amazing!

3. Haha i remember my first time seriously star gazing, was like 6 years back on a camping trip. We were all just laying out in the field of the camp ground, was during the percide meteor shower, was breath taking, the glow of the milky way. Wonderful time

4. At my hunting camp in Maine we have a hill that is the most elevated point for miles around. You see a shooting star every five minutes it seems like. One night we were up there and happened upon a meteor shower. It was a truly beautiful night.

I hunt with a Remington 700 chambered in .270 (left-handed bolt). Bagged a nice doe this year (about 120lbs, pictured).

Attached Files:

5. I couldn't agree more. I always feel at peace with myself and my surroundings when I'm hunting. I have the highest respect for the deer that I hunt and for their habitat. It's not about the kill, it's about the tradition.

6. Indeed, so many people out here in Maine that kill more than their legal allowance. I miss hunting, was much better up home than down here in the less rural area

7. #207 doob3r, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Getting in the green I like it. I already can't wait till next season.

9. Thanks bud. Limited out both days on a two day hunt. Was a good hunt for sure.

Got a phone call today and I was lucky enough to draw a sheep/ram tag for idaho season that's a true once in a life time deal.

ForumRunner_20130306_120216.png
    There's the total of my birds over a two day hunt

10. cant wait till next deer season everytime i enter the woods with my Pennsylvanian long rifle in hand i feel like ive gone back in time 200 years

11. Always love the week of rifle season.
    (deer)

12. I hate hunting seasons over, was very successful season though. got 1 decent 8point buck, 2 does, a bobcat, and a woodcock. We seen some brusiers during bow season never worked out though

ForumRunner_20130315_154040.png

ForumRunner_20130315_154005.png

ForumRunner_20130315_154136.png

ForumRunner_20130315_154256.png

ForumRunner_20130315_154309.png
    My dad and our boy did the best. My old man got a beast of a 6point, dressed out at 150lbs. And our boy got a nice 9point

ForumRunner_20130315_154717.png

ForumRunner_20130315_154742.png
    Sorry had to blur our faces cant let work affiliates find my face on a weed website

13. I love it. I have a blind out in the rice fields
    Shot 122 ducks and another 40 geese. . It was a epic season for sure.

14. Any tips for enticing small game ie pigeons/pheasant/partridge onto my land to shoot?

15. You need to get rid of all the ground pressure. Raccoon fox coyotes. The troll around and eat all the eggs and your offspring. You can buy what's online for all of those for like 50 cents a pice.

16. Are there any black powder hunters here?

17. Yes its my personal favorite way to hunt. here in va its prime rut during blackpowder. I've seen more big bucks on the last week of bow going into the first week blackpowder than any other time during the season

18. Absolutely im much more of a fan of flint as opposed to inline or cap you might as well just be rifle hunting. You gotta be good to reach out with that flintlock takes lots of practice i love it.

19. In Maine the deer are all over the place during black powder season. I always feel like I traveled back in time, just my rifle and I and not a soul in the woods for miles.

The season in Maine falls on the two weeks after Thanksgiving.

I hunt with a T/C and use Pyrodex. Keep your powder dry.

20. And long beard chasers. Spring season starts in 2 weeks. Can't wait. Got the ok from me neighbor to hunt his orchard. Score