Hunting

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by theiceman447, Sep 7, 2012.

1. How many hunters we got? Whats your preferred game and method of harvest? Im personally hoping to harvest my first deer with my bow this year.

2. I kill and eat just about everything that walks in my woods. I have a rather large collection of boom-sticks suited for every occasion also. I like fresh meat. No pink slime guaranteed.

3. I'm an avid hunter, getting ready for the new season. :D I'm tired of duck lol.

4. Hell yea guys. I only ever had one shot and the wind fucked me on it. watched the arrow change course and all.

5. Shitty dude, the worst thing is drawing back on a good shot then the damn deer turns so you have to hold it for twenty damn minutes. Absolutely worst thing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bet. I watched that deer for 30 minutes before I got a shot. Still, I love getting in tune with nature.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've been hunting since I was like 13. Loved every minute of it. Killed my first elk this year now hes on my wall :)

image-4234758243.jpg

8. Elk. Something I have yet to hunt, unfortunately. I bet that was a great time. :smoke: Going to take out a couple hog on our property this weekend. Damn things are mean as all get out lol.

9. [quote name='"BeatsandGrass"']Elk. Something I have yet to hunt, unfortunately. I bet that was a great time. :smoke: Going to take out a couple hog on our property this weekend. Damn things are mean as all get out lol.[/quote]

It was, there was a herd of about 250 of them and he was the one bull in the herd (2-3 spikes) and we watched them all walk by single file not 100 yards away and he was the last one to go bye

10. [quote name='"Scar 420"']

It was, there was a herd of about 250 of them and he was the one bull in the herd (2-3 spikes) and we watched them all walk by single file not 100 yards away and he was the last one to go bye[/quote]

What an experience man. :D

11. Man, that elk hunt sounds epic...

12. just got a beautiful Pennsylvanian long rifle cant wait to take a few does with it you just cant beat those back straps

13. My grandpa and I got drawn for antelope this season after applying for the last 13 years or so. I have no interest in killing an antelope but it was so awesome watching them up close.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So only 4 people on gc hunt? Come on people. Its that time of year.

15. 4 dove hunts already this year. Going back out tomorrow, shot limits the last 2. Duck season oct 20. Fucking whackem and stack em. Love that shit. Got access to some great private land going to bag a turkey out there this fall.

16. Squirrel season starts next saturday here in beautiful Michigan, a good chance to get out and stalk some whitetails for the bow opener.

17. I deer hunt but also do a lot of coyote hunting. Hunting after dark is best.

18. I would like to get into this, I started trapping a little last year and I'm gonna do some coyote sets this year. Do you use treestands with 22's and a spotlght or something like that?

19. I just love doing bow hunting cuz it takes just a little bit more skill and if you have a grandfather like mine when i was starting out who has that whole"you wanna find out if that stoves hot touch it" deal and we went turkey hunt and he didnt tell me broad heads wouldnt work so i line up my shot on this monster turkey and as soon as it hits it the arrow just falls down and my grandpa was laughin his ass off jerk

20. This is my first year hunting since I was 16. Got my license last year but was working mornings and my days off got fucked up by my gf and couldn't go. Now I work between 1130 and 5pm most days til about 10pm so mornings are all mine. Gonna take my bow and try for deer and turkey.