Humidity too high

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jmal1031, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Hey guys, I’m in a 2x2x5 tent and my humidity is too high. I bought a mini dehumidifier from amazon that says 1500 cubic feet, which is way more than my tent is, and it won’t even bring the percentage down even a few percent. Can anybody recommend a small unit that actually works, or any other methods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. What have you got going for intake & exhaust?
    Where's your tent located?
    What are your temps?
    I use a portable a/c unit that i duct into my 2x4, i draw fresh air into the a/c and blow cooled, dry air into my tent and into the room.
    I exhaust from the tent back to the a/c, sort of like a closed loop but i still get some fresh, outside air mixed in there.

I've always been skeptical of those small dehumidifiers. I used to use a 30 pint unit in my old bedroom, which was 10ft x 12ft and I'd have to run it for a solid 24-48hrs before there was a noticeable difference.

3. I’m in a closet, no room for ducting. The closet has a laundry shoot that I keep open to have fresh cool air come in from the basement. My exhaust is a 6 in inline fan and my intake is a 4 inch inline fan, however I have the screens open on the bottom of the tent to allow more air to be pulled in. Temps are fine in the 70’s. I wish I could duct in ac but there’s no space for all of that. I need something I can put in the tent itself

4. Where does the exhaust from your 6 inch fan go to?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Into the closet space. But I have a box fan blowing my cold room air into the closet to dissipate that hot humid air from the closet

6. You have to controll the humidity in the room the grow itself is in. Not the closet or grow tent, but the WHOLE room. I have a grow tent in my basement and have to run a humidifier for my whole basement to keep humidity down in my tent

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ive tried the portable dehumidifiers off amazon they do nothing now i have 2 30 pint dehumidifiers from walmart one for grow and one for drying room they work great humidity always arpund 50 when used to be 80+ they were 160$ a piece but well worth it. Just sucks emptying them daily

8. Are the Walmart ones big though? I need something small to fit inside the tent

9. There probs about 2.5ft tall i have 2 tents in my grow room one for veg 1 for flower i keep it outside the tents and does a great job so im basically just conttolling humidity in my entire upstairs

10. You get that you need to controll the humidity in the room, not the tent correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You get that my tent is in a closet right? The tent takes up the entire closet and the door stays shut. Controlling the room does nothing for me, I need the tent controlled. The room the closet is in has constant ac on and low humidity. It’s not the room.

12. If the room has low humidity, could you not intake from the room, instead of through the laundry chute to the basement? Does your basement have low humidity as well?

13. I have to keep the closet door closed for stealth reasons. I keep the shoot open to let cool basement air in, so at least there’s some fresh air coming in. But the tent takes up the entire closet so I can’t fit anything else in there. I can only put things inside the tent.

14. works great - make sure it is the scent free - you can get them at walmart

15. I use two of these in a 5'x10'x7' room and they work great

16. They come in two packs - I would use both and empty everyday

17. Ok I’ll pick one up then and try it. Does it need to be changed out ?