Humidity problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mainegrower84, Jul 19, 2017.

1. So the humidity in my tent has gone through the roof in the past week. It was staying around 50% but the past few days it's shot up to around 70. I have 9 seedlings in a 3x3 tent with the vents open, a fan blowing and a 6 in exhaust blowing outside. Is there any tricks to lowering it without buyin a dehumidifier yet or do I have to bite the bullet and buy a dehumidifier? I saw one in amazon that is very compact for $50 and it has good reviews. It's rated for 1100 square feet but my tent is only 9 square feet. Would this be ok in the tent or will it work fine outside the tent? The room the tent is in is right around 1100 sq feet. Thanks!

2. 70 % is OK for cannabis to grow .try and get it lower late in flowering but 70% is not going to halt growth.

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I would try to get it below 70%. You can risk getting mold, powdery mildew etc. Try to keep good air circulation if you can. Also if your room isn't too hot try to get your temp up a bit and that should lower your humidity. Seedlings will probably be ok though. For veg I would definitely try to lower it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Thanks GFP

5. Yea I found that if I shut my exhaust fan off the temp will go up to around 85 but the humidity will fall a little bit

6. Even if you could move your light lower without burning the plants that could also work as a heat source. Just an idea anyway. A dehumidifier is always nice to have though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Your going to need a Dehumidifier most likely in bloom anyway if your already having high Humidity in veg so $50 for a Dehumidifier will help especially when the lights go out the RH gets higher. my Dehumidifier is outside my tent and I use 6" ducking to put it through the port when in bloom. have you checked it when lights are out?
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'm using a humidifier to get my humidity up to 70 so that growth will be maximized, according to this chart:
    upload_2017-7-19_6-47-52.jpeg
    Stunting growth and risking leaf burn with too low humidity is a bigger risk than any mold/mildew due to high humidity, at least in a hydro system.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I have very little experience with hydro but leaves need to release water through transpiration. I would think they would have a harder time doing this with high humidity. Not saying your wrong by any means. Mold can ruin an entire crop not a risk I'm willing to take. Just my opinion though. What works for one may not work for the other.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I don't worry about high humidity until about the 3rd week of flower. Google on VPD chart and you will see that during most your grow a little higher humidity is just fine...advantageous even...but yeah, once those buds start forming you want to ignore the VPD chart and keep things below 55% or so. Nothing will make you cry more than bud rot.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Oh here is your VPD...
    But the advice is bad. That chart should be ignored come flower regardless of your growing method.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks for the help everyone. I'm ordering a dehumidifier now because I'm going to need one anyways. Maybe try to split the difference and get it in the 60s

• Like Like x 2
  13. I flower in 70% humidity just fine o_O "knock on wood" sometimes it'll go even higher had days where it was a constant 90% lol

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

14. Lol

15. ...and this is exactly why 2-grow, Rob should not be giving grow advice.

16. 60% is a good RH for veg IMO. If it goes to 70% it's not a big issue if you have air circulation but I personally wouldn't let it get any higher than that. I usually flower at about 50% RH give or take. Clones are a little different though. They need a very high RH because they haven't developed a root system yet. Not sure if you know that or not but it doesn't hurt to throw it out there. Good luck on the garden

• Like Like x 1
  17. I mist my plants 5-10 times throughout the day... stopped when flowering started and lowered the humidity to the 40/50% range. But yeah during veg higher humidity is great expecially if you have good air circulation!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  18. #18 generic98547, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    And two grow rob hasn't had any moldy buds so I'm not to worried bout what ya have to say buddy.

And please tell me where my advice was? Oh I didn't give any did I... I just stated what my humidity can reach up to.

But ya know what I'm not worried about you you are truely a bully (keeping it PG mods) plain and simple... just trash talk me in every post you find me in... you have no grow journals I saw one pic of some halfway healthy looking plants sure as hell nothing brag worthy... just talk talk and more talk without backing it up... man up bruh make a journal do what you preach... you say you been growing for a couple of years early in the year so I know damn well you aren't that experience you just probably slept with the grower with "30" years of experience for some tips so you think you are a hotshot I love how a couple posts after that you change it from a couple of years growing to a number of years growing to try and make it sound like you are more oldskool than you are... but you know you keep talking... and I'm gonna keep talking... and I'm gonna keep posting pics of my plants and my yields getting better and better...

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 1
  19. Don't have time to thoroughly respond to this, but for now....

20. Yep. You will HAVE too get dehumidifier. Bud rot is bad. But spider mites are still worse in my opinion. I don't even like to say spider mites. uuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Keep away.

• Like Like x 1