Humidity problems / please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deadshred420, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Week eight sour diesel and the humidity is down to 15% in my grow room. It's freezing outside and it's an upstairs room but the temps only around 80°. Went out and bought a Sunbeam room size humidifier been running for hours and no change, it has two large water tanks and a blower. It does not mist or put out any visible vapor. Do I need something different, or as my father would always say you're not holding your mouth right boy? Help please, do I need a warm or cool mist model or something?
    Many thanks in advance!!!!

2. 20171201_183350.jpg This is what I use keep my room 40 to 50% now
    Electric heat will dry a room out

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yea Boredontug, looks a lot like what I'm using and it doesn't change a thing in the room as far as the RH??? I'm at a loss! I live in Ky it's currently 15°f. outside 80°f in the upstairs bedroom with all the heat vents closed off and the humidifier running? Must be the combined condition factors of the vold outside and lack of humidity and the heat in the house pulling mostiure ftom the air also????? I'm guessing I'll need a different kind of humidifier? Either cool or warm mist whete you can actually see the humidifier expelling vapor, again?????? I'm kinda at a loss!
    20171228_105358.jpg
    20171228_105320.jpg
    20171228_105518.jpg

4. You won't see anything coming out of that type of humidifier. If it's not working, check the wicking material to make sure it's not all hard with deposits. If so, replace it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you justalilcrazy, I'll see what I can find.

6. somethings fucky_edited.jpg

A humidifier that doesn't put out any fog ??? Is that supposed to be a feature of that particular unit ?
    Does it even use up the water ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seems to be using the water budmiser

8. Another new technology that I'm too old for ,I guess...LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. I totally get that, I'm most usually the old guy in the room more often than not anymore! When did that happen? Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have a cheap Vic’s humidity with the water take on top. Doesn’t put off a mist but has a night setting (low) and full setting. I was having the same problem where it wasn’t charging RH in the room so I started testing different spots. Low and behold I for one. For mine I basically built a shelf above one of my rotating floor fans. I found the out on the humidifier and made sure it fell in front of the moving air. This helped 10-15% I also have been putting ice water into the tank. I figured the condensation off of it wouldn’t hurt the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Evaporative cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. It was the large, old and used up
    filter / wick. Just needs to be replaced, if I can find a replacement filter localy? I think it'll work just fine once its replaced.

13. what-in-tarnation.jpg

After just a few hrs of use ? J/K...You obviously bought a used one...:lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yea, a friend had brought it to me last night. My girls out buying a new filter ( if she can find one and if not a new humidifier.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Found mine at goodwill. I had a small one, have to fill it 3 times a day, pain in the ass. You find filters for the one you have it should do the job.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yea, she just got home with new filters now and it's already up to 30%....... I'm sure I overreacted a bit, but you all know ya work so damn hard and get so far n' shit starts fucking up!!!!!!!
    Disaster averted and all is well at home once again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. U should see a mist I have same issue here in so cal desert! I don't think it's as important as everybody makes it out to. I grow outdoors and 10% or less humidity sometimes the year and it seems to do okay. I have a small humidifier in my grow room! I have found it really helps to not let air flow in there like a window open that can really dry it out it seems to retain the humidity when I don't let fresh air into the room.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thank you Papa Puff,
    I got some help here in the forums and the filter is a wick system with this model and it's just shot! My humidity was running 35 to 40% and then the temp. outside got down in the teens and with elect. heat pulling all the mosture from the air it got down to 11%. But as you said it sat there a few days and seemed fine, buds still fattening up and producing tricombs like crazy.
    Hope you had a great Christmas and here's to a happy and healty 2018 for us all!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ty yes I did. It brought me close to a pound of Copacabana. Turned out great. Big girls and really good strain. Some of the coolest guys here are on the Somango and Bubblicious thread. These guys are very helpful and will never ridicule you come on over and take a look at what we doing on there especially if you're looking for an opinion or some help

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. Again thank you, some of the friendliest most helpful people ever seem to be right here on these forums. I'll most definitely check out the threads you mentioned. Are they here in the noob forums?

• Like Like x 1