Humidity always too low OR temps too high Plants stressing, Please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by malufizzgig, Jan 23, 2014.

1. This is my first grow. I have a 4x4 grow tent with a large carbon scrubber hung inside with an inline fan pulling air through the filter and out through a light hood, and out of the tent through a baffle that exhausts to the attic. Fresh air is pulled through a mesh screen on the side of the grow tent, into the tent, where it is sucked into the filter. Currently, I have a 1000w MH at 50% on a dimmable ballast running 24 hours a day for veg. The ballast is outside the grow tent. 
    My temps are about 70-75 at night and 79-83 during the day, but with this setup always pulling air through the grow tent, it's hard to raise relative humidity higher than 31% even with a humidifier in the grow room. 

I'm looking for ideas. I thought of using a humidifier constantly, putting one fan on a thermostat that will vent the air in the grow room above 85 degrees, and the other inline fan cooling the light when it's on. 

Can anyone help? My little plants are starting to show signs of stress. It's really dry in LA. Could I mist the plants with water? If it continues to remain arid, should I water every day instead of every other day?