Humidity 30% how to raise

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kwsg, Dec 22, 2014.

1. My humidity in my house is about 35or 40% but only about 30% in my grow room by the plants, how can I raise the humidity without running a humidifier? Any tricks of the trade that will help raise it? My leaves are a little dry during veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. This shouldnt be a problem....its actually ideal.

If you insist though. A towel on a coat hanger with one end dipped in a bucket of water.

3. Ok I'll leave well enough alone then, I'm just having issues, they were healthy for the first week and a half then the second week and a half they have been going down hill, I checked ph it was low, so I gave them a good flush with 7.0 distilled and they perked back up, but are still dropping again and discoloration keeps spreading, started from bottom leaves up

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419290712.812535.jpg

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419290816.573348.jpg

6. They have been in promix hp and got there first feeding two days ago, General organics seedling mixture rate, each plant got a little less then 1/4 gallon. Runoff was fairly good as well 6.1 ph

7. No feedings for 1 month.....just ph water....this gives the plant a chance to get some legs and it rinses the dirt of hot products....you have an overdosed plant right now....not a humidity problem

8. But it was looking like this way before I have it any nutes

9. Promix has no nutes in it at all, plus the little round leaves were starting to yellow and die and I was told that is when it's time to start feeding so I did, very very little, 2ml per 1/2 gallon

10. Still wouldn't use nutes on a plant that small. they look nice and dark...good luck bud

11. Ok well when they dry out I'll give them a nice flush with just some plain drinking water.

12. If it was anything from the lights it would be on top growth and not bottom right? And they just look very droopy and sad, and they have not been over watered, the soil gets dry before I water again, like half way down thru the pots is dry before I water again. I'm just not sure what the issue is

13. Yes the lights effect the top first. It looks plenty dark....straight h20 for a week or 2

14. Is straight RO water at a 7 ok?

15. #15 meatyleafeater, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    7 is pretty high... And if your using RO add a bit of cal mag...💌

I am so open minded you should only think like me..

16. #16 greenthumbs21, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    7 wont kill it but they like 5.5-6.5...pretty close...a few good waters will clean them roots out. No worries

No cal/mag

17. Just to be clear there is a difference between distilled and RO water. It can be argued what and when to use them but if I use distilled it's for clones only and RO gets cal mag every time.. Do a little RO research and you'll probably agree.
    Also if you ph is off your plants won't be able to feed.. It's pretty important!

18. Ok so from now on I will PH my RO/drinking water to a 5.5 to 6.5. How would I find out if my untreated well water which is free would be safe to use? I would have to buy a TDS pen and check the ppm of my untreated well water? If it is less then 50 it would probably be just as good as buying RO/drinking water at .80 cents a gallon

19. I know the PH of it is around 6 or 6.2 my untreated well water.

20. If your water is RO "reverse osmosis" it is lacking essential nutrients.. My guess if it's unfiltered well water you have quite a few nutrients... (And I would use it) I've done out door grows running off a stream in the oregon mts and did very well..
    Your choice really, spend money or learn as you go..
    PH your water last if you add stuff..