Humanism

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by misbehavior010, Feb 6, 2005.

1. So, im not religious, but very spiritual, i try to live my life as a humanist, one of my favorite quotes to follow is by Walter Lippman

"If man is to improve his own life or the charector of the world in wich he lives, he must do it by himself, he can not count upon "God" to look after him, and the sooner he relizes this, the better for all concerned"

So my question is realy, "Is there anyone else, who chooses to live by the standerds of "humanism"? How do u feel about it?

2. I agree with you on the idea of humanism. I dont think that you need a 'god' in your life, you just need yourself. But in order to have yourself, you must know who you are, what you are, and what you want to be. you have to know and understand yourself, which is a very hard thing to do now adays.

i know i dont completely understand myself, but I'm trying. i'm trying to have more control in life and within myself.

Happiness and contentness isn't going to be given to you by some magical man in the sky who we can't really see, but it's going to be given to you by you.

3. Humanisim has alot to do with education, and learnig from experience as well.