HUGE_PARTY_CUP_GROW-starting_with_60_plants!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tokeymctokems, May 28, 2010.

1. LOL thanks guys - it feels great - Just sad knowing that so many will have to go :(. I had a few more pop - I took out about a dozen cups that hadn't popped and left a few that looked close. I will toss the rest tomorrow but i am guessing about 45 total is what i will be left with. Pics tomorrow :)

2. OK update and pictures i promised - I have 46 seedlings and 1 NL for a total of 47 plants. It makes me kind of sad that this number can only go down :( . Anyway i have pictures of my 2 littlest ones and some of my more advanced ones and of course a family photo.

Attached Files:

3. #23 tokeymctokems, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    Hey all, I just watered the plants today - cups were feeling kind of light so they all got a nice drink. Most of them are doing just fine I have are doing just fine - Pictures of the whole family, NL and some of the bigger seedlings are on this post.

I was thinking of seeing if i could find a metal grate a the hardware store - if i can find a 3'x3' one i can wire my CFL lights to the bottom of it and turn my grow tent into a 2 story grow room - I could top them then and have more room for them to grow out a bit. I will try to find something like that over the next week :D

Attached Files:

4. I have a couple that aren't looking so hot. Not sure why all of the plants have the same soil, water, everything and on the same schedule . O well this is why i have a bunch of them :D

Anyway if anybody has any kind of input I welcome it - If your new to this journal I just ask that you read the first post so you know what i am doing here I know it looks like i have just way too many ;)

Attached Files:

5. Could be a lot of things at such an early stage...

If I were in your shoes,
    1) I'd first suspect a PH imbalance.
    2) Next I might suspect too much nutes.
    3) After that I might suspect heat stress (90+ temps)

If all that fails, I'd just vape some sick bud and browse GC :D:smoking::D

6. Yeah I am not too worried seeing as I have a few - Shouldn't be a PH or nute issue, all of them have had the same water, soil and all in the same 3x3 room - May be temps I am going to try to make a cool tube because temps get up to 90 but no higher. O well I have a few to mess up :) Thanks for the reply Dr. JekI - BTW your EAZYRYDER grow looks sexy as hell dude. I wish i knew you I would bring the beers and smoke some of that shit with you :D

7. You are welcome anytime Tokey... I harvested Cypressita monday and am going to weigh/jar her up tomorrow. How are your 60 children doing? :D

8. OK sorry for the lack of updates - I went out of town a lot of my plants had a nute def. Didn't expect it so soon but i gave them 2 Tablespoons of fox farm big bloom per gallon of water so we will see how that goes. Anyway heat was getting to be an issue i was getting into the 90's so i built my own cool tube.
    I used
    1 spool of hanging wire
    1 - 12 inch candle shade - 3 1/2 inch diameter
    1 vent tube - 4" diameter
    Duct tape - DUH ;)

I drilled holes in my reflector to allow me to thread the hanging wire through to hold the glass in place then just taped the shade to the tube on one side and to my inline fan.

I need to fix the angle of the bulb tomorrow but till then i am sure this will help

Plant pictures and update to follow

Attached Files:

9. The NL plant has sprouted hairs and is only about 2 1/2 inches tall lol probably only gonna get a gram or 2 off her but its better than nothing
    Like i said i have a nute def going on but hopefully i got that taken care of tonight
    I ditched 1 more since last time and probably gonna lose a few more but o well.

I have stuff to convert my room into a 2 story one and will post pic's of that when i do it - really cheap spent maybe 30 bucks for everything to do it.

Attached Files:

10. And more Pics some of my best and worst plants so far. I am hoping with the nutes and cool tube everything perks up some.

Attached Files:

11. u gotta get some of that stuff OUTSIDE your tent, is that the ballast I see hanging in there?

12. LOL yeah but i dont have room - it is stuffed in a closet not much bigger than 3x3 the ballast is not that hot actually

13. The cool tube worked like a charm - i cut my heat down by 10 degrees for for a total investment of about $25. I was hitting spikes of 93 degrees Fahrenheit and now my max temp is 83. I should be able to cut that down a little more by changing the angle of the bulb.

Plants are starting to get a bit more green in them after those nutes - I am sure i will still lose the first set of leaves on most but things are looking up.

Anyway I would love to hear from some of you I see i am getting a lot of hits on this thread so all you lurkers are more than welcome to post some comments. I am gonna go smoke a bowl now for all you pimps and pimpettes
    :smoking:

Attached Files:

14. i havent checked in for a bit man...and havent updated my grow...one day...here really soon...but damn man your babies are lookin mighty good, mine are right behind yours, prolly due to the shatty lighting and environment they are in but, your are for use, mine was for fun! ehehehhe Smoke on man!!

15. Hey man good to see you back, yeah mine slowed down a bit due to that trip i took and the nute def that came of it. O well we are looking good now :)

16. i require an update tokeymctotems, i can only lurk sooo much. :devious:

17. LOL thanks for commenting man, always good to hear from my E-Stalkers LOL :p

18. These pics were taken 2 days ago on day 35

OK well it's been a while since i updated, I went on some travel, my girls did NOT like that. I killed off a bunch of them so i am moving up from party cups, now that I have the room.
    I picked the 18 nicest looking girls, i had a bunch pop male and female and a few that are still mysteries.

I got some 8" Diameter pots. I also set up my room to be 2 levels for when they bush out i will have a lower level with CFL's . To deal with the gnats i set up my pots with a small level of pebbles then some sand then the soil (used MG organic 75% perilite 25%) then another layer of sand.

I will be topping these guys after i get a few more good nodes. I started LST on the NL plant due to it already having a top budding site going.

I put my MH bulb back in and started switched them to veg to recover, i put these girls in a bad way. I am going to grow them to about a foot tall maybe more then flower them. Current light cycle is 20/4

Here are pics of the transfer and the 18 lucky girls. I am going to take new pics of today (things are going great - its only been about 48 hours) with close ups of each one. See you all in about an hour, send any questions or comments my way.

I have 3 pics of the plants in their new homes

one of the new set up finished with only 2 plants in it so you can see the idea (I have to add a fifth pillar in the middle, the pillars are bricks zip tied together and the shelf is a 6 foot by 16 inch shelf unit cut in half and zip tied together.)

And then shots of the filling process, the bucket for soil, pebbles and the bucket to catch the old dirt with.

19. Errr. One sec having problems with the uploading....

20. I keep getitng upload of file failed - i will try again tomorrow.