Huge waterfall bong (5gal) w/ hoses and shits

Discussion in 'General' started by manbearpigx, Jun 3, 2008.

1. hey GC, i just wanted to show you and get your opinion on a waterfall bong/hookah that i made with teh help of my friend. We call it captain hook (V1.0.1). it uses a 5 gallon water jug and uses 3 nylon hoses that are clear. the bowl is a brass connector thinggy that i picked up at lowes while buying the hoses and some charcoal. at the bottom of it is a screen from a regular bowl/pipe. im sure you know how a waterfall works, you fill it up with water, light ur shit and then let the water pour out. this one is plugged by a cork, so you can move it short distances and plug it to refill the bowl. 3 people or more can get on it sharing the hoses.

took about $20 to make, lol.

we havent used it yet, but plan on it this week!

its sorta janky and might even be a piece of crap, but its the first version and we could use any input on how to make it better if u got any ideas. thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yeah idk, it doesn't look like it holds smoke for 3 people...

3. Pretty cool, but you'll all pass out. ;)

4. yes it does. It looks badass. I've been wanting to make the same thing for awhile now but never got around to it. Tell us how it works out! :yummy:

5. be careful with that thing

6. 1. Is it airtight?

2. Will smoke leak out of hoses while its filling?

3. Is it unconvienently heavy to move when full?

4. The hose at the bottom where you let the water out.... do you have something to keep it closed?

Answers to these should help you with design.....

And you know you could make that work as a hookah/bong if you get a plastic downtube for the bowl and plug that bottom hole....... You can switch back and forth.

7. You'll prolly need a bigger bowl but other than that it looks badass.

8. tight work homie, id definitely toke out of that shit

9. 1. i used sealant where it is needed

2. water balloons will be placed at the end.

3. shouldnt be a probelm if 3 or more people are there

4. there is a cork there to unplug.

i thought about that, but too much work and complications, it would drain slower thus less smoke will rush in. i think that if i just shake it up with some water still in it it will cool/filter the smoke a little bit.

i could always use a bigger bowl, but trust me you can fit a gram in there at least. and since there is a cork, u can stopp the flow and refill it.

10. I remember the first time I saw a like 5 foot tall Hooka, the guy put an entire 30 sack in the bowl and we smoked it all gone. One of the highest experiences of my life, good stuff.

11. shit looks killer. hookahs get you retarded IMO. can you fit enough weed in the bowl to fill the whole chamber though?

12. I always heard multiple tube pieces had a problem with suction when everyone was trying to toke at the same time (weak hits), any truth in that for your piece, dude?

I'd say buy a nice soapstone bowl for it, and maybe rig one of those mini-keg taps instead of a cork (bung, heh heh), that'd be pretty sick IMO :smoke:

13. thats sick .... i want one :) ...... i do have a hookah already but i reckon a waterfall between 3 ppl is a fuckin sick idea.

14. Hookahs destroy souls.

In the good way.

15. lol, theres a good way to do that?

16. we origcanally just wanted a 5gal waterfall. i came up witht teh idea for hoses and the bowl and shit. we used a dremmel to drill the holes, so the shit fits perfectly, but i used sealant to better protection.

good thing i had to wait at lowe's for like 30 min for some1 to come cut the tubing, bc the brass bowl was in the same aisle. i dont really like smoking out of aluminum anything, is brass any better? i held a flame up to it and nothing really burned so i think ill be ok.

and i think i might sell it once we use it a few times, so if u live near NW ohio come get it lol.

17. You have the most intense signature I've ever seen.

I'm actually scared.

18. for those who are interested, i am hopefully going to get a video on youtube thursday. i plan on sing it Wednesday night.

19. omg people. that was a maajor dissapointment. the nylon tubing must have been melted by the smoke and it jsut asted nasty
    so we just used the top and it was so hot and god, never do one of thiose. im so mad

We wasted about 1/4 of the weed i had. so we just spent the rest of the time using a join, a bowl, and a bong. most high i have been so far.

20. lets see some milk shots