Huge suprise!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatSmartStoner, Apr 3, 2013.

1. So, I was visiting my mom this weekend, She's the most anti-drug/Pot person I have ever interacted with. Anyways, I was in the kitchen making breakfast and I noticied a Pack of newports with the top ripped off, I looked in and found what looked to be a half smoked ciggerete... took it out, found a joint!!! I'm actually very happy about it!, hopfully one day she will get her card and stop using antidepresents, opiate pain killers, and Benzodiazipens to medicate. Time to buy her a bong for 4/20!

2. That's awesome man! What Did she say when you asked her about it?

3. My little sister (12) was there so I didn't bring it up. I left her a note in the ciggerette pack. If she wants to talk about it she can... if she doesnt, it's not a problem either. She knows about my past drug use... so it would be pretty cool if she'll be open about it. I never really had a great relationship with her... so maybe if we hit a joint together it'll fix somethings. Weed has helped me open up and bond with people I thought I would never conect with.

4. That's cool as hell man, I hope it's works out for ya. Just make sure it was in fact hers before you get her that bong! Lol

5. Yo dude that's freaking awesome! keep us updated with what happens! I wanna know If you get too toke with your momma!

6. Hopefully she doesn't get pissed.

7. She shouldn't be ... she left it right in the kitchen, she kind of asked for it to be found.
    She lived threw the "woodstock" era during her teens so... not really suprised she smokes, just weird she was so hard on me when I was a kid for smoking and experimenting with other stuff.

I will keep you guys updated

8. that's pretty cool, please keep us updated I want to know how this turns out.

9. You might want to show her this article as an ice-breaker!

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the (aggressive "triple negative" breast cancer) cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

One in 8 women get breast cancer. :( I believe that frequent use of "high CBD" marijuana may be able to change those odds for the better! All you need is for some CBD to "tell" that first cancer cell "Oh, no you don't! Change back to normal, right now!", and the tumor never happens! :D

After you and Mom get talking, show her "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ List" (see the bottom of my sig to get a free copy) and have her skim through it! She likely looks at cannabis as a "guilty pleasure", rather than a safe, effective and rather pleasant herbal medicine! Time to educate her! :yay:

Granny :wave:

10. Thats pretty cool man. My mom smokes too but hitting a joint wont fix our relationship.

• Like Like x 1

11. Because she loves you. She just wanted you to grow up without fucking yourself up. Now that you're grown, you're expected to make own decisions. Hopefully more good ones than bad ones. I'm not a perfect parent, but I can understand why your mom wanted to keep you off drugs and preferably away from that element.

I lived through that era myself. Pulled through the highs and lows.
    Try to understand your mom is most likely smoking weed for different reasons these days.

12. #12 Chrismittty, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    That last line is crucial. In my prayers.

I want to add; Sucks shes anti pot and stuff, but on all of that junk....How does that even work out?
    How does someone get on all of that willingly, yet thinks its a lesser of the evils?

13. Ignorance and pain.

14. Well, I can definitely understand if a parent doesn't want their kid experimenting with drugs, especially if you were pretty young. That said, being overly "anti-drugs" isn't the way for parents to show disapproval, especially considering how obviously false most propaganda is.

Although, it could even be that your persistence helped change her attitude! While sharing facts and information is very helpful, I think leading as a good example is an even more powerful tool in changing perspectives. If you are well-liked, respected, and even considered "successful," you paint a much better picture of cannabis users. This makes it harder for anti-marijuana folk to maintain their negative beliefs!
    :hello:

15. I don't doubt you, but are you %100 sure that it wasn't a rolled cigarette?

16. Sure as hell didn't smell like tobacco...

17. Well, nothing yet... I don't think it's going to be brought up. I really don't care it was just shocking.