huge bust

Discussion in 'General' started by vendetta777, Apr 30, 2009.

1. well i was reading the newspaper today and saw a huge drug bust that consisted of $3million cash, 2,000 pounds of weed and other drugs you could guess, all 2,000 pounds. Now the thing that interests me about this is that the bust was in a county away from me. So the basic question is, should i expect people to start charging more for weed? or is this not a large enough amount to put in dent in the supply near my area.:confused:
    If so, man that would suck really bad, cause our prices have been pretty low up until this point, but with all these busts i dont see it staying there for long.:(

2. if you live in a small town and that was the main supplier you're fucked. I'd look at it as a business opportunity

3. If you get dank, then no. If you buy Mexican schwagg, maybe. Most really good bud is grown in my town, then distrubited throughout my friends.

4. Depends where your weed comes from. IF its local, nothing will change

5. copy paste please and thank you.

and it is of my opinion that you will see a price increase, jsut because some dealers will see this, and be like, "less weed more money yay!"

6. ATLANTA -- Police announced Wednesday they seized over a ton of drugs, dozens of of weapons and arrested 17 people in an operation that covered Georgia, Texas and parts of Mexico.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Channel 2 Action News reporter Manuel Bojorquez was at the news conference in Gwinnett County where both local and federal officials announced the results of "Operation Grand Finale". TWITTER: Get Updates @ twitter.com/wsb_tv

The investigation into a drug cartel headquarted in Mexico lasted 18 months.Police said they seized $3.6 million in cash, 800 kilos of cocaine with a street value of $22 million, 184 pounds of meth and 2,000 pounds of marijuana.At the news conference, officials also displayed more than 20 assault rifles.The FBI said must of the activity was in Gwinnett County. Agents gathered evidence from a home on Cruse Road in Lawrenceville and from a home on Sir Scott Court.Neighbor Sandra Roman said she noticed activity near the home, but didn't know what it was about.“If they were, they were keeping it very low, because, like I said, I've never seen traffic coming in and out. It's a quiet neighborhood so that's really a shock,” said Roman.

Well if there is any price increase from more than a few dealers around here im just going to hold on to my O and ride this shit out until itll go back down.:smoking:
    wow im blazed

7. #10 vendetta777, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    Using the data from Norml i got bored and found out the estimated impact to be around 3-5% possibly of the total estimated weight (84,675) that comes through the area, just from that one bust. (2,000) So if the supply goes down by 5%, then im guessing it shouldnt affect the price more than 5%( is this right?) . which would mean Ounces would only be up to $10 more if i bought mids. Not really that much, im so glad it wasnt 2,000 pounds of dank :eek: that would make those prices skyrocket for dank which would affect me alot more, as if the price of 20 a g, 60-70 an 8th isnt high enough.\
    Man seems like those mexican cartels are everywhere nowadays.