Hubbabubbasmelloscope Quantum Board Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by firsttimegrower12, Dec 4, 2018.

1. #1 firsttimegrower12, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Hi guys, this is going to be the thread for my second grow ever, and, my first grow with an Autoflower. I am growing 2 Hubbabubbasmellascope under 2 HLG 65 Quantum Boards. This is my first grow with a good grow light. They are a lil but of an upgrade from my $37 LED Grow Light by Feit Electric at Home Depot. Haha. I am super excited!

I am including a picture of all of my nutrients and mediums that I will be using. Also, I am including a picture of my seedlings as they JUST came thru the top of the Jiffy Pellets I was using...after 7 days! One of them was growing upside down and I had to carefully get it turned upright...hopefully it survives! Anybody ever had this problem before? And if so, what is the chance of survival? My temps are a little cooler than I would like at 66-68 degrees, which may be why it took them longer to pop....?....idk...I'm new to all of this! Thanks for any advice in advance guys!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good choice on lighting. Welcome to the QB family!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh definitely want to see this one. Welcome to the FUTURE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 firsttimegrower12, Dec 11, 2018
    Well, week 1is in the books! Nothing exciting happening with the plants really...but I have upgraded my closet a smidge since my last grow(Before and After pics included). I'm excited!

Week 1

Strain: Hubbabubbasmellascope Auto from Mephisto Genetics
    Soil: Started in Jiffy pod and moved into Fox Farms Ocean Forest
    Soil pH: 7.5(Is this too high? How to bring down?)
    Water pH: 6.4
    Temperature: 81/73
    Humidity: 37%(lower than I would like but, I live in a fuckin desert..so...ya know? Lol)
    Lights: 2x HLG 65 4000k Quantum Boards at 24 inches from plant
    Light Schedule: 20/4

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. The one the left In the "Cultivate" pot is the one that started growing upside down(see last pictures)...has a funky leaf on one side and isnt as tall as the other plant. I saw a grow of Hubbabubbasmellascope on here from a while back and he had one start out exactly the same way but was growing fine and it looks like he quit updating after a month so, no idea how it turned out. I'm trying to decide whether or not to pop another seed, in case this one doesn't work out. Do you guys think there is enough room for a third plant? It is a 2x4 space.

P.S. Next time I will be starting them in paper towels and moving them to a seed starting mix in a solo cup or small pot...and then transfer to these final pots later. I wanted to get these going ASAP and was hoping to avoid having to transplant in 3 weeks...but now I'm seeing that it is probably better to start in something much smaller and then transplant. You live and you learn! This is only my second grow ever so I'm a newb!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Looking forward to seeing this! I just ordered 8x 120 v2 myself for my first grow.
    As far as adding another plant, it depends on the size of your pots. 2x4 should be enough room for 3 autos I’d say

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've bought 3x HLG100's since joining this forum a few months ago (450$)

8. #8 firsttimegrower12, Dec 12, 2018
    After seeing what I could do(see pics) with a 19w Fiet Electric LED Grow Light from Home Depot and some CFL clamp lights, Im excited to see what I(really WE, cause y'all helped a lot...lol) can do with these! My cheap little Light/pH/Moisture meter that I have is reading in the far corners, the same reading as 6 inches away from my old light!

*EDIT*
    I don't know why I had these listed as QB120 boards. They are actually 2xQB65 4000k. I've updated all posts. Sorry...high moment! Haha

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Same boards just come with a single driver

10. OK. Still new to these. They are HLG 65 Quantum Boards. It says QB120 on the board itself.... THAT is where I got that from.

11. HLG 65 is the name of the kit. It comes with a QB 120 a 65 watt driver and hanging kit. So you're good to call it either. HLG65 lets us know the driver and wattage you're getting out of the 120 boards. I like mine. I think it's great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. When should I start using these two products? I pretty much know what to do with the Foxfarm BB but, I'm kinda lost on the Alliance Biologics. Does anybody have any experience with it? I cannot find much info online. It was given to me at the local hydroponics store a few weeks ago.

Attached Files:

13. #13 firsttimegrower12, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Alright guys, these are on day 12 and things are not looking great. One is growing wider but is still very short (also, kinda curled/mutated?) And one seems to have slowed down to a crawl. I don't know what caused these brown spots or the other lighter markings on the one plant. I mixed 30% perlite with FFOF. I have been reading online that FFOF is too hot for some seedlings...especially Autos. Do you guys think this is the case or something else?

Also, should I go ahead and pop 2 more seeds and get them going in a different medium? I'm on the fence because if I do, and these plants survive, I won't have anywhere to put them. So do u guys think these things are way behind for 12 days above soil for an Autoflower and should probably just be scrapped?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. OK, I couldn't stand it any longer and I currently have 2 more seeds started and I am going to put them into Roots Organic with 20-30% extra perlite. When I get off of work tonight, I am going to attempt to transplant at least 1 of these out of the FFOF and into something else...I do not think they are healthy enough to survive but, I really have no other choice as these seedlings havent moved in almost 6 days. Today is day 15....so that tells you how far behind they are!

15. Have you been over watering? Your FFOF should get you to flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. in your pot hollow out the middle and use seed starter in it. plant the pope seed in this. that way the roots of the seedling don't burn in the FF.

17. #17 firsttimegrower12, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    OK so, 2 nights ago I started 2 seeds soaking for 14 hours and then transferred them to between 2 damp paper towels, in a bag. A little over 24 hours later and both had popped and had taproots showing. I moved them into the black pots with Roots Organic Soil and a little bit of seed starter soil in the middle. I transferred the "troubled" ladies into the grey containers with Roots Organic and seed starter in the middle. Should I put tin foil over the tops of black pots until they pop thru the soil a little(there are ventilation holes)? Or are they fine like they are...just maybe cover them with a clear cup when they first pop thru?

*EDIT*
    When I pulled the seedlings out of the FFOF(the Jiffy pods came up intact which made it easy), it looked like the roots had immediately quit growing as soon as the got outside of the Jiffy pods and hit the FFOF. Also, I checked the pH of the Roots Organic with my 3-way Meter(which is not accurate) and it said it was 7.0. The FFOF read 7.8+. So hopefully they will like this Roots!

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. #18 firsttimegrower12, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Ok, so one of my "troubled" gals finally kicked the bucket...lol....good news is, the other one seems to be happy and growing since I moved her from the FFOF to the Roots Organic! Which pretty much confirms that my FFOF was the root of the problem...I must've gotten a bad batch. Anyways, one of my newly planted seeds made an appearance this morning(still waiting on the other). Should I pull the new ones out until they pop thru the soil a little(should they stay in the dark)?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Both of my new seeds have now sprouted thru the dirt. Have them under clear cups because humidity is lower than I would like and have not had time to get a humidifier in and adjusted to the right setting....that'll take time and patience as it doesnt have a digital setting. On the bright side, my transplanted one is 23 days above soil today(and at least a week behind from being in the original soil that they did NOT like...lol), and she is showing the first signs of pistils(filamen...which is it? Lol. Dont expect a huge yield from that one but, it will be better than nothing! I noticed some discoloration this morning between the veins on the leaves(worse than in the picture in last post). I thought it was a Mag deficiency so I gave her a light dose of CalMag, Advance Biologics, and Earth Juice Microblast. Took this picture tonight and she already looks almost 100%. I'm proud of myself....lol. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years guys![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. First picture is of my board to help me keep up with my pH and ppm readings, both IN and OUT. It also list what nutrients and how much are in my water and my fertilizer mix. I didn't pH any of my water or my soil on my first grow...so I'm trying to do it on this one.

I love repurposing things...the second picture is of a laser pointer that I used to center my plants under my Quantum Boards by putting it flat up against the center....I'm sure someone has already thought of this. And the injector I use to water around the seedlings when they are small and I also take the needle off and use it to suck up my runoff from my trays under my plants. Maybe somebody can use these ideas![​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1