HTG Problems...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ihavnionu, Mar 15, 2009.

1. I'm just writing to complain, and my voice must be heard (LOL)...or in this case, hopefully someone will read my thread and feel sorry for me...pathetic aren't I???

Ordered a 1000watt air-cooled HPS/MH light system (digital ballast) from HTG on February 23rd, 2009 and well, lets just be kind and say it's not working right.

I had to wait an additional week because of it being back ordered, however, they did upgrade my bulb to a Agromax. Well, I get it set up and BOOM the light blows about 5 hours after turning it on...so I call the next day and they say it's a bad bulb, so they send me a new Agromax 1000watt.

I get the new bulb put it in and 5 hours later, BOOM...this one fails...at this point I'm a little steamed...I have 24 Sour Diesels that I'm trying to switch over to 12/12...so my patience is wearing as thin as Kate Moss. ***Yes, I have alternative methods to flowering...but my complaint is about customer service or the lack of***

I call for the third time and explain to Tony, I think that this bulb too, has gone BOOM...he tells me it must be a bad batch of bulbs and that they would send me a SUNMASTER bulb...this was on Friday, March 13th...however, they would not overnight it based on UPS not making Saturday deliveries...so I paid $25.00 additional dollars so they could send the bulb using the USPS. Still can't believe that they did not offer to pick up the additional cost based on what had taken place up to that point.

I get the bulb before noon on Saturday, so kudos to them and my $25.00 for getting it here so quickly...screw it in and 5 hours later it goes...BOOM...well it's safe to assume that it's not the freakin bulb, but the light itself.

So...tomorrow (Monday, March 16th), I'll call and ask for a complete refund on my lamp and purchase it at a local hydro shop...HTG provides a great service along with wonderful pricing...So to all my fellow growers, please be careful of this particular product, maybe its an isolated incident. ***1000 watt a/c reflector, digital ballast HPS/MH...Agromax light (K8K), Sunmaster light...

There was another thread on here complaining about problems with there light bulb or light system...don't know of any correlation...just remember because I complained in there also...

2. damn that sucks.... ive been looking at HTG supply for a while but i changed my mind a few weeks ago when i started reading all the complaints on these foums about their ballasts. you must be like the 4th or 5th ive heard complain.

never get anything from HTG supply....in my opinion.

im going to be getting a digi ballast as well. but im going with the luminek, everyone seems to say they are reliable ballasts, plus they have the RF interfernce thing built into the ballast. thats a plus.
    i have not heard any complaints about this company, or ballast for that matter

maybe DO SOME RESEARCH frst and check them out

http://cgi.ebay.com/400-Lumatek-Aur...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

3. there are a lot of HTG followers here, im not one of them, nor am i Anti-HTG. I will say that when i was researching products for my grow, i tried looking for reviews on the ballasts carried by them and could find none. Digital ballasts are relatively new, so there isnt much to read on about them. I also didnt like how they talked to me when i called then to inquire about price matching or shipping allowances. Not that it helps, but i bought all my stuff from 4hydroponics.com and couldnt be happier.