HSO Purple Trainwreck, Delicious seeds Cotton Candy

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ryan77, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Alright im not gonna bore you with bullshit afterall this is a grow journal. So lets get to it. I am already 2 weeks into flowering so ill get yall caught up. I have 2 HSO Purple Trainwreck and 2 Delicious seeds Cotton Candy. I dont usually do journals but I am impressed with both these strains. So heres the set up.

2x2x6 Tent
    HydroGro 84X2
    2 105w cfls (2700k)
    5 gallon smart pots
    C.A.P. ppm2a co2 controler

Soil is a Sphagnum peat moss, ewc, mushroom compost, and perlite.
    Amendments. Alfalfa meal, kelp meal, fishbone meal, tomato tone, feather meal, rock phosphate, greensand I can't remember what else, I'll have to look.

On to the grow. Started them out on 20/4 light cycle with just the LED at half power. They were germed around November 20th, transplanted December 20th and one P. Trainwreck and one Cotton Candy topped in between. I left 1 of each not topped just out of curiosity. They have been LST'D some more than others again out of curiosity. As for feeding sometimes less is more I think. I feed every other week with AACT's and ro'd water in between. I feed with a guano and unsulpherated black strapp and the next feeding will be a mixed meal base and of course a lil H2O in between. Ok on to the fun stuff. P . Trainwreck grows slow in the veg state and I would recommend topping or fimming to encourage branching. The one I didn't topp is not as near as heavily branched or as big. The Cotton Candy was a monster from the start vigorous growth, impressive. I don't run CO2 during veg or the stretch as my tent was a 4 footer and I added 16 inches and these both are known to stretch. Oh the CC was topped at 4 node and PT at 5. CO2 will be supplemented starting this monday. Originally I had 3 PT lost one due to grower error. Yes it was my fault. So I vegged another CC for 12 days then 12/12. On to some pics.

Attached Files:

2. These are from 12/19/13. After transplant. CC vegged for 42 days and the PT 37. In the second pic front left is the PT I lost. I fucked up by doing to much to fast. I topped, transplanted, and fed to close together and she got Nitrogen toxicity I think. So I decided to cull her as she was pretty stressed. 2013-12-27 17.55.42.jpg 2013-12-21 19.02.43.jpg 2013-12-19 17.11.39.jpg
    The firstt 2 are from 12/19 last 2 from 12/27.

Attached Files:

3. First is topped CC, second is topped PT and last is untopped PT. The PT that was not topped was lst'd only pulling down main stem to almost horizontal over several sessions.

Attached Files:

4. 12/29 - 1/2. The one PT was actually fimmed thats why the leaves are cut.

Attached Files:

5. #5 ryan77, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    The last 3 are CC, topped PT, and untopped PT. I forgot to mention flowering induced on the 1st.

Attached Files:

6. #6 ryan77, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    Top of untopped PT. CC again. Untopped PT in middle. And last my lil diva the last CC.

Attached Files:

7. Ok now your caught up and I'm caught on posting. I will post more pics and update shortly. Sorry about the way this journal started. I wasn't planning doing one but like I said I was kinda impressed. I left them in darkness for 36 hours before the flip, wish I had stuck with my usual 72. Growth for the most part stopped for about 10 days and they recently took off growing over a inch a day prolly closer to 2. I promise I will finish this grow journal and I'll even throw in a smoke report.

Attached Files:

8. Quick question is it better to post or attach pics?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Attach but it doesnt work all the time. It depends on the device at time. NIce grow though, ill be on the lookout for this thread.

10. #10 ryan77, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    1/18/14. Not much new going still stretching like crazy. Every time the lights come on their is a pretty big explosion of growth to be seen. It's been 18 days since flowering was induced and im expecting these to continue to grow throughout. I wish I had more room to lst them and open them up more. Oh and the smell is definitely dominated by the Mendo purps in the Purple Trainwreck so far. And I think the untopped PT is a bit more indica influenced. And she was always the runt of the bunch, guess we will see. This will be the last grow for the 2x2 thank God. Got a 5x5 with 4 California light works 400w solar storms, but now I need more room to run a perpetual harvest. So im looking for a place now, and unfortunately I don't reside in a accommodating state so I need to be picky. I'm real curious to see if it will be too much light. Also I'm looking for some strains that are either landrace sativas or sativa dom with high thcv content, not to concerned about actual thc, prefer low cbd which im sure most equatorial sativas are. I got DP Durban Poison but id like to run 3 strains and I plan on running 4 of each for a total of 12. Any suggestions or thoughts. Some new pics. The CC baby I had to build her a umbrella, light is to intense for her and im not backing off the power for that. I was expecting this thats why I changed their spots in the tent. Ill take a picture of the new C.A.P. ppm2a getto umbrella attachment it's a peice of white paper hanging off the co2 controler, held down by a sun glass case. Haha. Nodoby puts baby in the corner! And I think im gonna lst the rest of the other PT today.

Attached Files:

11. Oh and thank you and welcome aboard JSB.

12. Alright lst'd the small PT. Feed with 1 tbs kelp and alfalfa meal for 1.5 gallons. Bubbled for 48 hrs in half gallon and diluted with additional gallon. I think I may have pulled the smaller PT over to much, she seems a little loose in her soil. The little CC is doing fine and started to grow again after transplant. Going to get my tank filled Monday if I get home early enough. First pic is top of small PT. Next after lsting, group photo, and my baby and umbrella. She has sensitive skin, seems kinda strange being that shes part African.

Attached Files:

13. So I mentioned in a post that the smaller PT felt a bit loose in her soil, so I decided to move some soil around and uncovered what looks like root rot. I cleaned the area and applied some clonex to the affected area. I really don't want to treat with h2o2. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions. I really dont want to lose her. But I don't want to kill my soil if it can be avoided, but like I said dont wanna lose her. I was thinking about pulling her and getting her roots free from the soil, spraying with h2o2, and replanting in fresh soil. Im open for suggestions.

Attached Files:

14. I've heard bad things about mushroom compost, just wondering how's it working for you?

15. Nice grow, bro. I believe i'll pull up a seat & follow this,
    i've got seeds for both and much interest in seeing how they do.

Grow on, you can do it !

16. I am no expert on soil structures. However from "my perspective" that soil looks dense. What is your aeration ratio in this mix? Are you going to keep 4 plants in this tent at all times?

17. #17 ryan77, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    I haven't had any problems with the mushroom compost, have what I think are spring tails hopping around but nothing bad. But after seeing other ppls grows with manure composts I'd get that instead. And the soil structure is prolly a bit on the dense side, but they were top dressed once also. But I did recycle my soil and reammend and cook again, and I didnt add new perlite and I regret it. I did put more rock dust, soft phosphate, and crab shell meal in though. So I hope that makes up. And for my little problem, I cut her lst string, and sprayed area with 2ml of cholrinated bleach to 8ml of water. I think it looks better, this happened before with a plant I pulled over drastically also. I'm wondering if you pinch off the xylem and floem and disrupting their flow. She actually seemed more steady in the soil by lights out. Anyway guess we will see. Didnt get co2 yet since we got 12 inches of snow. I have to get it ASAP. Wish I did from the start now. Oh and as far as keeping 4 in tent. Im done with this tent after this grow. Shoulda just grown one monster. But its packed and I dont like it. More room, bigger yeilds. Here are some pics both PT are on the left, pic of my mycology side project too.

Attached Files:

18. Plants are looking good. Try letting the pots dry out a bit more before watering. It will help prevent further root rot. How does the rest if the plant look? It might make it if it's nit too bad. Just jeep an eye on her for a few weeks. I recommend that if you have the room, turn your 4x2 tent into a veg tent to jeep plants growing while others flower. You can grow plants in pairs so you have plants finishing one a month or more often. When two finish flowering sipky move two from veg into flower.

19. Thanks KI. I did take her out and culled her. I was curious to see what the roots looked like. They looked fine nice and healthy as did the rest of the plant. I really think it was due to pulling her over so low and drastically. I'm not a botanist, but the roots looked great, and only that one area was effected. So that leaves me to think it was something else. And I usually do run a perpetual harvest, but I'm moving so I filled the tent. And I feel bad for my girls, tight squeeze, reminds me of being locked in a 6x9 cell lol. As for watering I usually feed/water once a week, or when they tell me. I do regret not adding perlite to my recycled soil, it only could've helped. I thought I added enough with the green sand, crab meal, rock dust and phosphate. But their is no replacing perlite. I have a Fire OG BX im gonna put in her place. Now in my 5x5, which would be more efficient, a 50lb Co2 tank or a Co2 generator? I have the tank already but it goes through gas quick. Not really to worried about $ for the generator, any opinions or preferences. And in the 5x5 I'm not having any heat issues about 84 and thats a closed circut, so I dont think I will have problems if I do decide to go with the generator. And I have a small dehumidifier for humidity.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I think the Co2 will help grow bigger healthier plants. It wouldn't hurt to add it. You should see the plants reaction with in a few days or so.