???hps???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bozie, Sep 23, 2013.

1. I have just got a hps bulb ballasts and hood. Now I do micro/mini grows and use cfls so don't really know much about hids.

My question is.....

If I was planning on growing dwarf autos and only growing 1-2 plants a time, what would be the best wattage bulb?

At the mo I have a 400w bulb and feel this is far to big for such a small project. Would a 100w bulb be plenty for my needs or a 150w perhaps

everything I write is fictional and should never be taken seriously. I just want to be a big boy and look cool in front of my friends.

2. An HPS ballast will only work properly with the same wattage bulb.  Anything other than specified for your ballast and you are risking fire or injury.

3. Was speaking to a mate that runs a hydro shop now he says that my 400 will run on the 600 ballast the only issue ill have is the bulb will lose about 30% of its life.

everything I write is fictional and should never be taken seriously. I just want to be a big boy and look cool in front of my friends.

4. well if he is using a 400W system , he can use any type of light below or equal to the 400W. 

Whatever ur ballast wattage can handle is the max u can put on it , anything below that number is also fine. 

5. #5 tk86high, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    not true the ballast will readjust power wise to be able to power and not blow the bulb of lower wattage, so the light will not loose anything . I use a 250W for veggie and a 400W for flowering . 

Also if u r doing a small grow stick with a 150W . 400W and u will have some monsters even if they r autos . 

6. Always use the higest wattage bulb that you can afford. You will not be dissapointed!!