HPS The Only Way To Go!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChewyGuey, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I'm new to growing and I have been doing my research. I was using floros 48" 5 of them and they were working OK. I read a lot of posts with 8 week old plants that were huge. I've since purchased Hps bulbs and they are unbelievable. For anyone starting out, please just buy these and be done with it. I have spent to much money with floros and other lights I've tried. You will notice an immediate difference. While I was setting them up, I swear they grew in front of me. Just helping you out. My babies came back to life and man they smell good....... :smoke:

"There's more than just ashes when your dreams come true" JG..:D

2. I agree 100%. Floros are great for making clones, and thats about it.

3. Indeed, ive never been one to mess around with fluros either, fluros for about the first month for the sprouts, and or clones, after that its mh and or hps all the way.
    Im sure youll get some growers in here that are low on space and resorces that swear on fluros, but youll never get my high output bubls away from me.

4. I certainly respect the opinions of those who have posted here, but I chose fluorescent lighting for my first grow because it avoids the heat problem. I may certainly change my mind for future grows, but for right now my plants seem to be doing fine.

5. Im sure they are doing just fine, but until you have used both fluro and high output bulbs you cant really compair, once you do im sure youll be thinking the same think as the thread starter was.

6. I just finished my first grow with 4 27w t5's. I only had one plant and it did ok and was actually looking at upgrading to 125w hid, what do you all think????:smoke: