hps switched to led????

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by alaska stoner, Jun 3, 2016.

1. hey peeps I had a 600watt hps in a 4x4x7 tent and I switched to a 600watt led light. thought please on this and also do you think it is equivalent enough?

2. what wattage is the light pulling from the wall? you need a watt meter. Or know the specs of your light. What make/model is the LED light?

3. Regular order would be to ask these questions before buying.

4. VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower.... and I'm happy so far with the buy they look happy haha but they are getting bleached so I just raise the light

5. #5 alaska stoner, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    20160521_114527.jpg 20160602_163208.jpg 20160528_163056.jpg

Attached Files:

6. 276w power draw....should be fairly comparable to a 600w hps

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah it said it would be great in a 3 3 tent and no more than 4x4 which is what I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've got this coming in the mail Vs 600w. That would cover my light needs for one or two plant in 3 or 4 ft space right? I'm doing one auto now but may try reg fem seed next. Have 125watt CFL just in case but tired of messin with a jillion little cfls. Was thinking fix mount the large CFL and rotate pot occasionally

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I've got 10 plants under my light they are loving it perky everyday

10. Oh good. Was wondering as price was nice. I originally bought a $40 45watt panel. And not really sure it's doing much. May use 45w for starting garden vegetables instead. Hopefully new led will perk up my auto Buds seem a little scrawny. Thanks

11. Just confirming you getting a 600 watt led light right?

12. From Amazon $189? Viparspectra 600w 272 actual

13. Yeup I I'm pretty sure that's what I got

14. 600 means nothing. That's just the max rating the diodes can be ran at. However they're ran at 272 watts to last longer. All the actual watts has to do with is your power bill

15. Never sure what to look at. Guess I'll wait and see. Some say watts then other say no the actual wattage not lumens but then others say lumens Only using for 1-2 plants in 3 x3 or 3x4 space so seems fine plugged it in and damn , pretty sure 45watt panel I have now is doing nothing but making plant look purple

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1