HPS/Plant question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by farside12, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Hi there,

My sativa which has been under the new HPS light for about 3 days is twisting like crazy. By this I mean the leaves. Some of the leaves are droopy, some are curled along the leaves lengthwise ..like this shape (_) only upside down... and some of the leaves are doing this weird curling thing like a spring is curled.

I will post pics soon, but right now I don't have the time.

The light is about 2 1/2 to 3 feet above both plants (the other one is doing VERY well). The axials on both plants are popping up and growing very rapidly on both plants.

Any Ideas on how to fix this curling stuff. I heard misting them helps..is this true?

Thanx in advance for any help.

Farside12

2. They are growing at a fast rate.

3. Hey BPP, haven't heard from you in a while!

It's just because they are growing so fast? So nothing's wrong with them?

4. If everything you said in your first post is correct then I don't see a problem. Especially if its the leaves at the very top that are curling around, I've seen that from time to time in the strecthing phase.

5. Are your plants lanky and thin or are they bushy with thick stems? if your plants have nice think stems and your plants are bushy and not looking like little twigs then your doing something right and lucked out with your speed of growth. If they are lanky and thin they are trying to reach the light. this is a bad situation because when you flower the stems cant support the weight of the buds.

how many watts is your hps? if its lower wattage you might want to move it closer to the lanky plant if its a higher wattage your fine dont worry about it just let them grow :)

Good luck and grow on!

6. If you want to check them out head over to the thread called "pic pic hooray" and look on the lower portion of the 3rd page.

Hope that helps..

Farside12

7. hey i transported my 3 week old plant in a new pot and now its droopy and falling its still has alot of color tho? any tips?