Hps or cfl?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by MussDa547, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Alright, I have a dresser that's all set up to grow, it's 44in tall, 33 in wide, and 16 in deep. Should I go with hps for flower or just stick with cfl? Woould the light be too hot in that small of an area?

Also, I was wondering about what style of growing I should use. Scrog or sog?

2. HPS is to risky for heat build up in my opinion, wood heats up and starts to emit chemicals etc. HPS is better for flowering but, better safe than sorry and having a fire or some obvious burning smells that alert concerned individuals to call the FD.

3. actually my 150w hps stays cooler than the 4 bulb 2ft T5 I had ^^^^^ cfls arenet as hott wich is bs, they are as hott just spread the heat over more area which is why it doesnt seem as hot

4. Proper ventiliation can pull out whatever heat problem you're facing, just make sure you got the exhaust pullin the heat out and you could easily do hps.

5. I am glad you put it that way.... spreading the heat out will mitigate the fire hazard of a high heat lamp, the theory I was going on was the magnifine glass theory, energy spread out is better disapated. focus the suns energy with a magnifine glass it becomes very strong. HPS is a very strong focused energy compared to the T5 tubes, could be they would do just as well during a grow, however the tubes are a safer bet as are CFL,s if you are in a small space. You can do the girls some good by takeing them out and putting them in the sun, only takes a second. I used to enjoy a smoke after work with my girls in the sun. Only a bit but every bit helps. Peace