Hps not all that

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sonicworm, Jun 14, 2010.

1. readin up on lighting guys and seems that hps was introduced by commercial growers to fatten up buds at a cost of potancy im aslo reading that mh light will increase resin and although slightly smaller buds will be more potant i need some advise here guys

2. and not just hps fanboys bigin up there lights

3. :wave: A HPS will give you just as good quality bud as you can buy from dispensary or coffee shop if not better when grown to your own taste. MH is good for veg and will give good resin production when used for flowering but yeild will not be as good as from a HPS by far. YOu can get dual spectrum setups or blended bulbs which have around 40% bluespectrum light. Thats what I use, they can be used for the whole grow.

Of course you just can't beat the power of the sun but adding a uvb light will help.

Good luck

4. I'm going to be running about 18,000 total watts in my home grow rooms, and an undetermined number of lights in my greenhouse. I own quite a few Hortilux Super HPS 1000w lights.

I greatly prefer pulse start metal halide lights for all stages of growth, including flowering. The days when metal halides were available in only 4K temperature ratings are long gone. MH lights are now available in a very wide range of temp. ratings, and are more than suitable for flowering. I really haven't seen this difference in yield that everyone seems to think is so drastic.

I have a few spare grow tents that I want to use for side by side comparison grows. I don't know when I'll get around to it, but eventually I'll do it. Until then, I'm sticking with the Metal Halides.

5. #5 sonicworm, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010

so 4k mh lamps u dont recommend cos thats what i got what k do you recomend

6. do you think if i added a 70w hps floodlight it would help or not