HPS & MH combo, or HPS solo?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by KalL, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Hey guys. I'm starting a 90 sqft grow room. I am using 4 1000 watt hps/mh switchable lights, but atm only have HPS bulbs on me. The lights will be layed evenly across the room, spreading light evenly. My question is, would it be better to just use the 4 1000w HPS bulbs, or 2 hps and 2 MH bulbs? These to be exact Amazon.com: 1000w Watt MH Grow Light Bulb Metal Halide: Patio, Lawn & Garden. I would use either combination through out the whole grow.
    So what do you think? All insight is greeted :wave:
    Kal.

2. It depends on what your plan for growing is. If you're going to have a quadrant sectioned off for vegging then you could use the one MH there and the other 3 HPS. If you'll be using the whole room for vegging & flowering, you could get four each of MH & HPS bulbs and switch to HPS when flowering begins. If you're talking about possibly blending the lights, then you can't just use two of each on each side of the room. To give the plants a blend of MH & HPS lights, you should either use lamps that are each designed to hold two bulbs in the same hood or get light movers. You may also consider getting some enhanced spectrum bulbs that provide a better light quality than any one HPS or MH.