Hps light won’t turn on

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jakr, Dec 6, 2017.

1. So I was unplugging the ballast power lead to move something around. When I went to plug it back on again it made a buzzing noise. I unplugged it and let it sit for a while unscrewed the bulb and it still won’t work I even changed the fuse. I have it plugged in now and every fifteen mins or so it make that noise. I haven’t had it plugged in for more than ten days so I doubt the bulb needs changing.. any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Now I can hear the noise you would hear if you were standing beside a High Voltage wires

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Limit any unnecessary variables; put ballast on level surface, check that all wiring is connected, plug directly into working outlet (no timers/extension cords/power strips, etc.), check that the bulb is good or try a different bulb,

Unplug it, plug it back in a few times (it works sometimes..don't know why..happens to mine occasionally after not using it for a while)

Also, if it's too cold sometimes the ballast won't turn on until it warms up (often times 55°F+ I believe{?})

4. Done all this man except trying a different bulb haven’t got one will try tomorrow. Guess my babies gonna die then

5. Why would they die? Worried about screwing up light cycle? Put a household lamp in there. It's not the spectrum needed for plant growth, but it's light. Get your bulb tomorrow, you'll be good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They will be fine in the dark for the time being
    Until you get new bulb.
    If you unscrew and take out bulb, than power up the ballast do you still hear the arcing?

7. What stage of the grow are you in