hps light burned out

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whiteb0inewb, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Went to check the girls this morning and my light wouldn't turn on. I have four girls 1 in her last week 1 week 4 and another two just starting.

What do I do now?? I already ordered a replacement bulb, but have no light until that gets here. This is really going to hurt my harvest isn't it...

Is there anything I can do right now?? I can't put them by the windows they're far too big

2. Also i really really hope it's just the bulb burned out and not the ballast itself. There's a half circle that's black around the base of the bulb like how a bulb looks web you flip the light switch and the thing slightly pops. I'm thinking it's the bulb and hoping I'm not totally fucked here in the last 5 days till harvest

3. If your worried go buy yourself some soft white CFLs and use those until you get your HPS sussed. Won't be as good as the HPS of course but better than nothing.

4. If you only have 5 days till harvest you wont be so bad. Many people give 3 days of darkness before harvest anyways.

5. Go to lowe's or home depot. But bulb. Insert into ballast. Make plants happy.

When your bulb comes in the mail, you'll have a spare for next time it burns out.

Best of luck!

6. So I went back and did a double check, the rod inside the hps had broken off at the base and there was white specs of something scattered on the inside of the bulb. Sucks, idk how it happened. Watched it turn off last night came back this morning and it was a no go.

Oh well, I'll have to throw some cfls in for the next two days. Pain in the ass but oh well

7. Shit and of course it's thanksgiving week, I probably won't have it until monday

8. Man I dunno how many watts your HPS is, but home depot had 400w bulbs for like $20. Not exactly the eye hortilux, but an excellent backup in a pinch. I'd get one.

9. Definitely go the depot and get another hps light. They have whatever size you need.

10. Great suggestion I didn't even think of that, I'm throwing cfls in for the mean time. I have to make a trip there tomorrow when I don't have work