Hps help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mad ganja702, Mar 23, 2016.

1. I have a 600 W dimmable ballast metal highlight and HPS when I put the metal highlight in it it works fine when I switch to the high-pressure sodium it turns on heats up five minutes later it shuts off then turns back on and then shuts off and just keeps doing that over and over does anybody know what's going on the bulb is brand-new the Balis is only two months old

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What wattage is the bulb? Is it screwed in tight? Did you buy the ballast and bulb from the same place at the same time?

3. 600w no I didn't buy them at the same time as the bald is a Genesis

4. It most likely a defective bulb, not enough hydrogen gas in the tube to support the arc. Monster Gardens-Illuminati makes those bulbs and they are kind famous for having that problem....

• Like Like x 1
  5. OK so that would make it turn on and turn off every five minutes

6. Yes. If the gas content isn't correct in the tube, it will go off or dim down really low. I've got one doing that right now on one of my T-5 bulbs. Order yourself a new bulb. Have a look at "Growershouse.com." They're who I typically order from when I can't find what I need on Amazon. I am hooked up with Amazon Prime because of the free shipping, but occasionally I have to look somewhere else and GH always has the best prices on things like bulbs. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Replace the ballast and it was the ballast not the light