Hps Bulb Gone Silver On the end Hellllppp

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 24/7homegrown, Apr 9, 2009.

1. #1 24/7homegrown, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
    hi I just pluged in my new system adn switched the ballast on and all was ok at first then the bulb went orange normal colour for hps and then started flickering and my ballast made funny noise and i uplugged it a and a further inspection of the revealed that the bulb was silverburnt colour on the end any suggestions i just got my whole kit yesterday

if you look closely at the pic u will send half way down there is like silver sheen on it

Attached Files:

2. Return for a new set. Silver is not the Spectrum you paid for, and a new ballast, all you should hear, is the fan running inside.......

Best Of Luck.................

3. hi i dont know if i made it clear enuf but i switched the ballast off and the bulb end was a metalic colour silver

ill take a pic and see what it comes out like

4. I heard you, Its just that there NOT, supposed to do that, and if its doing what I see in the pics, it seems to be still getting power, enough to light up Silver at the end, So again, I personally would have it replaced, as it could short out, cause a fire etc. Ya digging me Bro......?

5. yh im diggin you il ask them to send new reflecter and ballast and bulb out 2moz and ill shud have buy saturday

6. Right on. You will be happier when she arrives. I use a 1000 watt HPS, and the only light I see at turn on is a light orange, then it dissipates after the timer kills it..............

7. im just pissed i just germinated 4 blue chesse and spent £1100 in my system and this happens

8. There young, you can keep the seedlings alive off, well a couple of CFLs. Make sure Water Only, and, Let them be warm, With that, Your new gear, Should be arriving.

Taker' Easy, Ming. I will look for your Journal..........;)

9. Great news been on the phone to the supplier this morning and they are sending me a new light sytem ballast reflector and bulb out tomorrow so should recieve it on tuesday due to it being a bank holiday and i hope cant wait to start my grow journal aswell but 1 thing is i am not the best at writting things up lol thnaks anyways for your help

10. Sure M8, You did the right thing, congrats. See ya 'Bout dude..........;)