how's this so far?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by dirty dee, Apr 16, 2011.

1. #1 dirty dee, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~12 hours later

[​IMG]

sorry pics are so big, are there thumb tags here?

2. Pretty lil plants. When they are not in lil shop of horrors plant scale. I know there are thumbnails but I have no idea how they work?

3. Your pictures are too big and I can't really see anything in either of them. Resize and retake pictures.

4. i'll attach these

Attached Files:

5. Good job on the second attachment you posted so far man.

6. thanks, is there anything that looks like preflowers in any of the pics?

lol

7. Not really, can't see any defined pictures.

8. They look good what is the strain again? I looked but I did not see where you mentioned it?
    I thought it looked a bit like it on one of the pics. The second one I think.

9. good ole bagseed

first grow as well :D

i've got 14x CFL on them now, pretty much prolly 6 2700 and 8 6500

10. already got a legit second top on one, and several good candidates on the other

11. straight beastin right now...

Attached Files:

12. chopped more leaves off to expose lower sites to more light, left the nice one with a top already alone, we'll see the differences in the next few days

13. Looks pretty good, man. Thanks for the new pictures. You don't ever need to cut off lower branches to expose more light. Those leaves are collecting light no matter what. If you really want to expose more light to an area, you can "tuck" leaves down below, but cutting them off will only stress your plant and slow down growth. Looks like a pretty good bagseed strain though.

14. i don't think i trimmed them to much, and i'm constantly trying to tuck leaves so the main stem will get more light...

and yeah, i'm hoping this bagseed turns out good, no matter what, it'll be better than what it came from

my buddy is about 7-10 days behind me in growing, and his are starting to smell a bit, these only smell if you crush a stem or just get down in the plant and sniff

15. Yea I wouldn't remove perfectly healthy leaves, if anything but the leaves in half like you do with clones.

16. yeah, i did that to a couple as well

i just bent em down the second time today, probably give them a day or three to recover

i'm doing nutes at like normal strength then maybe 1/2 strength and i'm alternating...

good idea, or just hit em with full dose every watering?

17. 1/2 strength then see how they react, if they react great then add more the next watering, if they don't like the feeding then reduce the strength, or don't up the dose the next watering.

18. yeah, i've used full strength before, trying to recover from an N nute (using fish emulsion and bloom big, all i got for now lol) and they did good, but i didn't wanna overdo it so i went like 1/2 strength next time

i'm probably gonna start hitting with full strength and maybe step up a big because they are growing fast as shit

they've already turned back up straight after i pinned em down for the second time earlier today

19. and i've got a 250 HPS coming for them as well, gonna move all CFLs to the border of my array i made and hang the HPS about 18" above it...

if i keep them low with lst, can i keep my lights in the same place for longer?

i'm kinda vertically limited