How's my setup (Babies)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by liquid069, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Hey guys please give me some advice as to light height and so forth.

They just came up yesterday and today i took the plastic baggies off and lowered the two 27watt 5500K CFL's.

Should I add more lights?

Should I lower the lights?

Should i put the plastic bags back on?

Any advice is much appreciate. Thank you EVERYONE!!

Attached Files:

2. Yes definitely add more light, it will have to be done soon enough anyway. just more of the same. You can put them a little closer but the light height is fine. Plastic bag is up to you, I usually take it off pretty soon after they pop up, a few days maybe. Maybe think about a fan too?

GL

3. I don't know how many more lights i can fit at that height can the others be above? Also I have some other cfl's as in the 2700K and the 3500 k should i just stick with maybe 2 more 27watt 5500K's??

4. your going to have to find a way to fit 4 more of those bulbs in there. you need 100w for one plant, and an additional 50 for each extra plant. you can make it work, get creative

::edit::
    your gonna have problems when they get bigger, a plant needs a BARE MINIMUM of a 1 gallon pot. 5 gallon pots are the ideal, and what most people use. they will stress when the roots hit the cup, and eventually die. so ur only going to be able to grow one plant in there in one 5 gallon bucket. if you want healthy plants that is

5. I fit 3 so far but do they all have to be at the same level?

As for when they get bigger i plan on building a much bigger box this weekend

are there any DIY for grow boxes

6. DIY = Do it Yourself

7. im pretty sure u could fit more. i would do this: buy 2 more Y-sockets, 2 more cords, and four more CFL bulbs. instead of having them sideways like you do, just have all 6 facing down side-by-side, to where it looks like a beer six pack of CFL bulbs. with the reflection you have in there, it will be perfectly fine to do this. this addition and tweaking of position will make your babies shoot up like a rocket in comparison to your setup right now:hello:

:edit:
    another tip, when you move to your larger cab, i HIGHLY suggest that you invest in 6 metal reflectors to put on the bulb housings in order to focus the light better. this is important when using a larger cab as opposed to a compact cab like the one they are in now

8. also, while you are at the store buying those materials, grab some tinfoil duct tape, or whatever you have on the other walls. you should cover the bottom, this is a must, and it will help to cover the inside of the door. cover the top if you have not done so already, i cant tell from the pix.