Hows my plant looking?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bnm80130, Nov 26, 2008.

1. #1 bnm80130, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
    I'm only looking at growing as a hobby with a little bit of a personal reward at the end. I started one plant a few months ago but it turned out male so I tried again recently. I germinated one seed and with a banana in the pot the whole time, hoped for a female. Well it turns out the banana worked. My setup is like this: growing in soil in my bedroom closet. I vegged for 2 weeks under 2 23 watt day light CFL's in desk lamps under 24/0 light. I then gave it a day of darkness before switching to 12/12 and changed one of the bulbs to a 40 watt soft white CFL. Every few waterings I give it Miracle Grow Bloom Booster plant food. On the 14th day of 12/12 I was succesfuly able to call it a girl. These pictures were taken today, the 23rd day of 12/12 and the 35th day from seedling. Sorry about the blurryness of the closeups, my camera is pretty old.

Attached Files:

2. Im using 2 23 watt bulbs too, no nutrients tho, n the first week n a half was under a 9 watt bulb, so its still kinda small n its been like 3 weeks since germ i would say. But yea, it looks fine to me, but this is my first grow, so idk, but ill be keepin an eye on this forum. ;-)

3. gratz on the girl...might have to try the bananna trick next time I use seeds lol

4. props on the plant man. it looks fairly good for the little setup you have.
    keep us updated

5. Damn, that is a fine looking lady for a couple of CFLs! Its hard to convince some people that if done properly those CFLs can do the job. Proofs in the puddin'. And they save you a shitload of cash in electrict costs. Keep us updated on her development.

6. Oh yeah they are great for the right application, I set up my dad with a nice box with CFL's in it in July/Aug...just harvested a nice 3oz.

7. you only used two bulbs and got a plant to look like that? damn

whats your setup?

8. looking great man.

9. Looking good man.. +rep :)

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

10. Well I went away for Thanksgiving weekend, giving the plant a nice big watering before I left. Five days later I got back and while the plant looked really thirsty and the tips of the top leaves grew into the lightbulb and burnt a little, the plant looked so nice with the buds really coming in now. I just took these pics today, the 29th day of 12/12 and the 41st day from seedling. And for those of you who wanted to see my setup, the last two pics shows the two desklamps with one CFL in each and the small fan in the corner of my closet. Pretty amazing what you can do with such a simple setup.

Attached Files:

11. how those buds looking man?