Hows my new grow tent setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Elektron, Jul 6, 2016.

1. so i builded this microwave grow tent shit looks o.g as fuck but the problem is my plant she should start recovering and i just moved her to new home 2 day she looks like this dont know what to do needed to take this stem because it looked too dead i think im gonna plant second plant with new universal compost organic soil the heat is low in grow room its not finished yet but i will finish later i think im gonna start grow journal

Attached Files:

2. It's not perfect but it looks a hell of a lot better than that desk lamp.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Underwater or over heating...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Over watered her and heat maybe this is the latest picture of her

Attached Files:

5. I'd go ahead and get a new seed going for when this one inevitably doesn't work out, try to get 150 ish real watts and have them closer to the plant if you're using cfls. You can never go wrong with more light

• Like Like x 2
  6. Is there any ventilation in that oven you built?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Yep two fans each has 185 m3/h

8. #8 Elektron, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    this oven Has 250 watt hps

9. Is that tinfoil on the walls?

10. Yes

11. You probably don't want to hear this, but tinfoil sucks. Bounces light all around, creates hot spots that can burn your plant. I'd recommend doing just a simple search on here, "tinfoil", and weed thru to the ones talking about using it as reflective material (there are lots talking about smoking out of tinfoil) and read a few different threads. There's other options talked about, but also the reasons not to use tinfoil, repeated, over and over.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Il look in too that

13. Youre saying i should change my tinfoil reflection to something like latex white or mylar?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes. Not sure of what the material is behind the tinfoil so I didn't make a suggestion but steered you to the answers. If you have the option to paint it, white is the bomb for reflecting. You could also grab a space blanket and staple it in place but white paint is the way to go if you can. I believe flat white, but if you search around, especially in the "grow room setup" forum you'll be able to figure out the proper paint to use.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Behind tinfoil is plywood

16. Then that gives you either as an option. Paint you will need to give time to dry AND get the fumes out before your plant goes back in there. If you use mylar, or a space blanket once you're done getting it secured everything can go right back in. My choice would be paint, search around a bit too get the info on the right paint to use, you'll find it, I don't remember for sure off the top of my head though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I just read that tinfoil doesnt create hotspot its like myth i did alot of work puting that tinfoil on the walls i dont find mylar in my country there is only option is white latex paint or leave the tinfoil

18. Your choice, it reflects heat, you have a small grow space with a light that puts out a fair amount of heat. Every spot there is a crinkle the light will reflect in an uneven way, bouncing the light around.

It's definitely better than what you had before. I know the tinfoil will reflect heat, my roof on my house is shiny metal instead of painted and it's chilly in here in the middle of the summer when it's hot and the sun is beaming down because it reflects the heat away.

Some people use it and get away with it, others have issues with it. Just know that you have risks to pay attention to and watch out for if you use it.

19. Il think about change my reflection i will not grow anything now that plant is basicaly dead im going on vacation and start from begining next month enough time too rethink everything how should i make door im thinking of cardboard?

20. Forget about the tinfoil , how close is your light ? do you exhaust the hot air out of your groom ? do you have a thermometer to know the temperature ? if its above 85 F or 30 C its too hot , did you water your plant ?