How's Life?

Discussion in 'General' started by Skunkariffic, Apr 14, 2011.

1. I haven't seen any threads like this before, and after taking my third bong rip I think it'd be a great idea.
    How are all of you guys/girls doing ? Any goals reached or set, job promotions, weddings, engagements, good shit in general going down?

My life is doing pretty good. Got a part time job at the moment, while balancing college apprenticeships for becoming a welding engineer. I used work at a hydroponics store but they had to close recently, due to lack of business. Now I work at a local ice cream shop, and I have access to all of the 3 gallon buckets I could ever want for any purpose I can think of. My girlfriend is going for an art major, she's thinking about specializing in Photography and Make-up for modelling companies. Sometimes the money is tight, but my landlord is very forgiving as we are some of the best student tenants he has ever had, and I'm fairly friendly with him. I'm planning on applying for a store manager at the shop I'm working at, hopefully I'll get a bit of a raise with that and it'll be a little easier on me. But yeah, everything is going pretty great, I'm loving my schooling, loving my job (the people that come into ice cream shops are generally extremely pleasant) and loving life.

I'd love to read your responses GrassCity ! Peace, :smoke:

2. Life is good man. Glad to see yours is as well. Unfortunately I am sober right now due to this tolerance break but i'm not letting that get me down. Enjoy your tokin good sir :wave:

3. Life is good
    Easy semester in school, getting better and better weed every pickup and on the hunt for a girlfriend over spring break but yeah pretty chill liking my life

4. Been better, been worse bro, you know?

5. Good luck with your T-break man. I'm also in the middle of one, more so involuntarily, because of lack of money, and my harvest doesn't come till September so I'm probably not going to blaze for a little while. Doesn't make that much a difference though, lately I've been kind of stretched out and haven't had time to smoke anyway, but when I do I'll be having a green day where I just chill on the balcony in the sun, hitting my bong. :smoke:

6. Life is really repetitive right now. School on Tuesday/Thursday, work on Mon/Wed/Fri, party Fri/Sat and just chill on Sundays. Im ready for the summer

7. Same man. Summer is going to be great. Chlling and toking :smoke:

8. Been going downhill the last few weeks.. School and work combined is kicking my ass, I have no free time. I get about about 4 hours of sleep every night, My 3 best friends in college are leaving soon, 1 is transferring, and 2 are dropping out. Im unsure of my career plans, going to change my major, and Im about to be a junior. My car fucked up the other day, and I had to drop a bunch of money on that..

Could be much much worse though, Im happy to be here :hello:

9. lifes been getting better. decided to actually do something with my life. moving to FLA in august. but until then... party! party 2nite and prolly 2marrow. kegger bitch. cant wait. hope everyone has a great thirsty thursday!

10. #10 iiLLmatic, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    im living on fuckin easy street over here

psychedelics make life pretty boring though. nothing is new. ill work through it

11. Getting ready to move to Hawaii. Less than a month to go :)

Until then, enjoying my time with friends and family on the mainland.

Couldn't be any better.

12. Life's good right now. Feel like the universe's been working with me lately, new positive people are popping up into my life, great new challenges at work, spring is here, finacially I'm doing well (at last!), planning to see a lotta great live shows the next few months.. And then I got a job in Orlando, FL, moving late this fall. It's only for a year, but to me that's perfect.

Things have been a little hectic lately though, been working a little too much. Managed to get a concussion last weekend so I been getting enough rest the past few days. As I said, the universe is working with me lol.

Btw, anybody know how long I should wait before I smoke after a concussion?

13. About to get a whoooooole lot better

4/20 and then my birthday is 4/21, right after I get off of UAs

:hello::hello::hello:

14. I dunno, I just don't really care about anything anymore...

15. And it will likely only get better man. :smoke:
    Good luck with everything bro.

That doesn't sound too good man. I can't give any specific advice, not knowing your situation and all, but I can tell you that whatever it is that you're going through, will get better eventually. I know how cliche and hard to believe that sounds, but its true.
    Heres a story from when I was back in highschool, living with my parents.
    I had been arguing with my mom for a while, we had been getting on eachothers nerves pretty bad, money was ridiculously tight, so much so that we barely had enough to last us dinners from paycheck to paycheck. We were living in a townhouse with my three other siblings, and my mom didn't have a job. We were living on baby bonus and child/spousal support. My dad had peaced when I was young so I never really got to know him and my mom had pretty much always been on her own.
    We had gotten into an argument, the most severe we had ever gotten into, and it ended with me getting kicked out for a few days. I had spent the first night at a friends house, and the next night I spent wandering around. I ended up coming back home around 3am on the third night to apologize.
    Then one of my really close childhood friends ended up moving in with us for a few months, because she had been kicked out by her dad. That made it even more difficult to live because we had an extra person to house and feed on an already extremely tight budget, so we pretty much had no money to spare whatsoever.
    My moms car decided to break down just at that time, so that was over $600 gone. rent was over $1200/ month, and it was just overbearing. s
    Eventually though, it got better. My mom got on her feet, by the time I got to grade 12 we had moved to a better house, I had begun to save up for college, (I was taking a fifth year in highschool because I had a couple welding courses that I wanted to take) and hings were looking up. Now I'm here, and everythings doing great. I still talk to the girl who lived with us for a while, we see eachother every few weeks to have a nice toke sesh and jam for a few hours, despite living a few cities apart from one another.
    All I can say is, live you life the best, 'cause the rest is what you make it.
    I hope things look up for you, good luck :smoke:

16. Been better, been worse. I work 6 days a week for piss pay, can't pay for shit.

Being an addict doesn't help either.

At first when I saw this thread I thought "Good, a place I can vent my concerns!", then I thought, "nah, my problems aren't that bad...." Now I feel a little better. Thanks OP :)

17. Life's good man. My job sucks, but the pay is great. I have a one way ticket to Australia this summer so I just gotta tough it out a bit longer.

18. Hmmmm
    Life is
    I'm fuckin out of here man..
    Bout to graduate hs in 2 months and I'm off to the marines, finally out of my moms house thank god...

19. Life makes no sense, and I can't get motivated to do ANYTHING. It's still good to be alive, but that's probably my instinct talking, at this point.

20. Eh so so...I owe mad money in student loans and can't find a job..kinda scaring me. Every been on several interviews since the summer but not offered a job. Very frustrating. Wish I could smoke too but I'm trying not to cause I'm looking for a job.

But on the plus side I've been working out more lately. I think I'm finally over a knee injury I had for a while which prevented me from running. I've been playing ultimate frisbee outside the last couple weeks, feels good man.