How young is too young?

Discussion in 'General' started by Moonwalker420, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Do u think it is wrong for a 13 year old male to try marijuana?

2. I started smoking when I was 13 but it's not about that. It's about maturity levels. If they have the maturity to keep it on the DL and not do stupid things with it then he should be able to. I'm assuming you're talking about a brother or something, so I'll say if you can have a conversation with him and not get pissed off at him he's old enough xD

3. 13 is just about right if you ask me.

4. Thanks homie! Ya ur on the right track with the brother comment

5. ya dud3 ive been smokin since i was 6 man no joke somkin bluntsn joints errday man all day smokin dat shit since i was young brothr its fine man

6. I think it would be a difficult thing because a 13 years is not old enough to form a philosophy for life or an ideology. Marijuana could affect a young person's thinking more so than someone who has graduated high school and have had time to think about reality not stoned.

7. It depends on a number of factors- maturity, intelligence, responsibility. Considering how savvy the average 13-year-old is in these fields, I think they could definitely wait a couple of years.

8. "Wrong" as in morally wrong? No, it's not morally wrong for a 13 yr-old to try marijuana. It'd be better for you to not get into it much until after you're 18 though - the brain is developing rapidly when you're young and marijuana is known to mess up this development.

9. wtf dude, seriously?

Of course 13 is way too young. Like another poster said, the brain still develops until the early 20's so it would be wise to not start experimenting until that age or even later.

Pull your head in.

10. highschool was always the rule round here yo bout 14

11. #11 Jazzyj, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    [quote name='"potchocolate"']ya dud3 ive been smokin since i was 6 man no joke somkin bluntsn joints errday man all day smokin dat shit since i was young brothr its fine man[/quote]

You still type like you're 6...

To OP, I would never, ever let my 13 year old brother smoke. I know that's when it starts to happen with a lot of kids, but I think it's too young. If he does start smoking, make sure you educate him and show him by example how to use it responsibly.

12. I blazed before 13 haha... Just saying

13. Started at 15. Never did anything stupid with it. I kept it on the downlow and didnt overuse it. My life never revolved around cannabis. Its simply enhanced certain aspect such as thoughts about the big picture, reality, philosophy and such.
    I agree, 13 is too young for a person to start smoking pot unless they are indeed mature enough to allow it to become a part of their life.

14. i dont necessarily look at it as a moral issue of "right or wrong", but 13 year olds are still doing alot of growing in their bodies and brains, are easily impressionable and usually have alot to learn about life in general. i think its too young, generally, but to each his own.

15. Number of shits given:

Zero.

:smoke:

16. This man is clearly sane

17. I personalty think 13 is too young. But still this 13 year old can be more mature than the 18 year old who's trying it. It is clearly a person to person thing, but I think the sweet spot is 16, probably cause that's when I started.

18. I started smoking daily when I was 14.

I feel like it made school impossible...

But, if the 13 year old is mature enough, It's fine to do once in a while (not daily).

19. ‎13 is a great age to be enlightened by cannabis. Instead of being angry, teach him to use it responsibly, because he's going to do it anyways.

that's my 2 cents

20. Thanks everyone for ur responses.