Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How young is too young to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankyDan, May 6, 2011.

1. I say at 18....cuz ur brain is still delovoping.. N at 18 legally u are in charge of urself so ur parents cant get in trouble or are not responsible for u

2. I took my first hit at 13 then waited a little while (no connect) then freshman year i had a 16 year old friend whos parents grew and he smoked me up every day. I started at 13 because i thought it was cool, then at 15 I smoked because i actually enjoyed it.

3. I was 13 when i first started smoking, but i dont really think its a good idea considering my life hasnt turned out that great. I would say just be careful. Tell him not to hang out with those "cool" kids, they will just lead him in the wrong path. Once he's done with school and he has a built a strong foundation for his future, then. Then...

4. I wouldn't feel comfortable with my brother smoking until he was at least 15 or preferably 16. I think most kids are still immature as fuck before then and wont seriously realize what they are doing.

5. I started smoking when I was 15. Most people should at least wait until they are in high school.

6. Recreationally I'd say 16, but wait till you're 18 to start toking daily. That's mainly due to some studies I found that looked reasonably sound showing an average decrease in IQ by 8 points for people that smoked 4 or more times a week before they turned 18. Medicinally speaking I don't believe there should be an age limit, just as long as it's prescribed by a respectable doctor with the patient's best interest in mind. (In other words so long as they actually need it, not just some 14 year old with spare cash going to see one of those doctors who do nothing but prescribe weed for writer's block :p )

7. I don't think you should smoke with kids at all because one of my friends got pulled over and one of the kids he was smokin with just handed the officer the weed like wtf. So I'd say until you can trust his friends or something.

8. Definitely this ^

9. I waited until I graduated High School, my motivation in that hell hole suffered bad enough.

10. I think you should tell marijuana, "He's too young for bro." wait a few,15 sounds about right.

11. #112 Gr33nD42, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    It all depends on the person, I started when I was 13, I was always responsible about it and I knew what I was doing, but I also know other kids who started at my age then ended up becoming tweakers or got straight F's in school or whatever, again it all depends on the person, if you think your bro will be smart about it then maybe smoke him out and explain to him the do's and don't's and all that, goodluck.

Edit: Just noticed OP posted this in 2011 haha.