How you can help get cannabis legalized

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ntolman, Sep 20, 2006.

1. I saw this while reading High Times online. Thought this would be of some interest to the people here.

http://www.hightimes.com/ht/legal/content.php?bid=1422&aid=22

I think the author of the column, Jon Gettman, is spot on. We need to begin communicating to our lawmakers (in whatever country we may be in) that we want cannabis to be legalized. We need to make them see why cannabis should be legal to possess/use by developing the skills mentioned in the column. If your Representatives won't listen then you need to vote for someone who will. The reason the government is the way it is is that people continue voting for the same people no matter how much the complain about them. At least that's the way it is in the United States.

In addition to what was mentioned we also need to start forcing the issue into the limelight. We need those amatuer (and probably professional) filmmakers to start making vidoes released on the web through YouTube and GoogleVideo stating our case. We need to be holding Pro-Legalization rallied and protests as much as possible. Our voices matter just as much as anyone elses and we need to be heard.

It's not going to be easy. Nothing worth fighting for is ever easy. Is it worth the effort? I'd say it is. Students shouldn't lose aid for getting caught smoking pot. Nor should anyone be jailed for possession/distributing. In short personal freedom is always worth the effort.