How would you handle this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Operator Mikedoe, Oct 1, 2015.

1. #1 Operator Mikedoe, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
    INFO: One of my best friends sold this kid a half o and when he was arrested for it there are texts between him and the arrestee like, "I have ur weed. meet me at the apartment". he is going into our local police station tomorrow to be questioned on it but the arrestee also snitched multiple dealers in our area. if the cops bring up the messages or try to make any connection between him and the kid what should he do? you guys are gonna say to deny, deny, deny but can anyone give me an example of how to deny in a situation like this? the texts took place on KIK which is like iMessage and when the kid was arrested he was hit with intent as well so they took his phone and the police saw the messages but when they called him, like they did with all suspects (which was 3-4 people but only one of them was their target not my friend), they said he was not their prime suspect but that his name was mentioned by the kid for the use/sale of marijuana, the kid most likely put all the blame on another big dealer in our town but he...
    QUESTION:...but he is still being questioned so if they bring up selling at all or the texts how should he respond?

2. lawyer up and plead the "fif". Chappell show was the shit.

3. Know your rights.

4. #4 roorforcrumble, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
    You don't say shit and plead the 5th, so say "I plead the 5th, and I want a lawyer", and then stop talking entirely no matter what they say to provoke you.

5. Try, try again mate and get your post past the moderators. You've gotten good advice- get a lawyer. I can't believe you don't know that- it's marijuana 101. Get busted- "lawyer".

6. #6 jay719, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
    Don't even say I plead the fifth, that isn't needed and only makes you look more guilty. Tell them that you do not wish to talk with them and ask if you may go. If they say you cannot go tell them that you do not wish to answer any questions without a lawyer. Then ask them again if you are free to go. At that point they have to let you walk or arrest you. Their decision is going to be based on evidence they already have, and if they already had enough for an arrest then they wouldn't be asking you to come to the station they would be kicking in your door with guns.

Also, get a lawyer. They make a living keeping people out of jail.