How would people back in the day react to today's dank

Discussion in 'General' started by whiteboyy09, Dec 8, 2012.

1. When I picture weed like back in the 1930's around reefer madness, or in the 60's-70's i think of just plain reggies. Is that true? I bet they'd freak out with some of the high grade shit today or oils and hash.

2. Given that there's also way better ways to smoke now, they'd probably trip the fuuuuuuuck out.

3. Hilarious +rep,

My dad smokes my dank, first time he hit it...

"This shit is dangerous!!"

Now he hits it like a champ.

4. it hasn't changed, i've been toking for 10 years and the quality is the same.. there's still highs, mids, and schwag.

5. there's also not new, better ways of smoking... people have been vaping since the 60's and probably before.. also, hash is not new at all.. if anything it's mainstreamness is new to the us.

6. lol video related
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiITNqmrMoo&list=LLI2pqcX4JHaKVejNY8zQ6LA&index=10[/ame]
    not sure how to embed on the forum though, lol oh shit it embeds its self

7. 10 years is not too long at all.

I'm sure it us way different in some aspects.

8. Ahahahaha I can already see him just tripping the fuck out for the next 2 hours.

9. i'm friends with a lot of older people who smoke. They're in their 40's, 50's &60's and they are far more knowledgeable and experienced than myself or anyone I know in their 20s.

10. I hate this myth. There was dank back then too it didn't magically become potent in the last few decades. People in India have had dank with over 20% THC for thousands of years. Cavemen were smoking 10% THC by there campfires. It wasn't very popular to smoke weed in America because everyone just used it for hemp but dank was around.

11. Me and a couple friend was chillin and smoking a bong with our ex-dealer, he's around 60 and he said the weed was so much better back in the day. Its a shame i dont buy from him nomore, he used to get us the best stuff

12. Hash with 30% originated from the middle east

13. Then why wasnt any weed tested back then over like 8%?

14. LOL. I hear this all the time.

I was smoking back in the 60s. We certainly had some great dank back then, also all the concentrates. People have been making these for centuries.

We also had bongs, etc.

The only difference from then and today is that I go into a store and buy it legally. :hello:

15. #17 AR Toasty, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    I've got this friend, lives nearby, who's 72 years old. Dude was a legitimate hippie biker back in the day, and partied his way through the 60s and 70s.

Fun as hell to chill with and definitely knows his shit. We've talked about "back in the day" and never once has "more potent" come up. What he has said is that it looks a lot prettier than the old stuff. There were some great strains in the past too, but I reckon they just weren't as abundant as the wide assortment of ace product we have today.

He's also got some stories that knock even my socks off, about trippin' out to Bali for the hash.

16. This chart is bullshit. Like I said it wasn't popular in America but it wasn't magically cultivated. Dank has always been around

17. Not magically just decades of crossbreeding

18. I always thought that the taste has just become more consistant and that they were able to control the flavor better now. Then I realized it was just better access to seeds from around the world so we have more access to strains that we didn't have when I was younger.