Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How was marijuana first discovered

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Herbalist90, Jul 31, 2012.

1. If I had to guess I say that people started by chewing on it. That's how a lot of drug related plants were discovered.

2. [quote name='"ForceOfWill"']If I had to guess I say that people started by chewing on it. That's how a lot of drug related plants were discovered.[/quote]

But chewing it wouldnt do anything.

This is one question I would love to know the answer to tbh

3. Ingesting large amounts can, animals eating it can get stoned

4. Watch out, I'm pretty sure there's no talk of the spirit molecule here!

5. [quote name='"IamToasted"']Jesus floated down and gave a seed to some guy and that's how it started.[/quote]

Yes. :smoke:

Attached Files:

6. Ok here is the answer. Some cave man was hungry as shit ate a weed plant it made him think in a new enlighten way and he can up with the idea to smoke it. Weed was put here to make us think in a new way and that's way its da shit.

7. They discovered a whole lot of psychoactive plants the same way I guess :p

8. Cannabis was eaten long before it was smoked! The seeds are VERY nutritious!

Cannabis is also a resinous plant. It would be a good candidate for starting a fire. I believe that pipes were originally a fire starting tool. Think about it- if you blow on a spark sitting on some tinder, it may catch, or it may go out. You are blowing air across the tinder.

In a pipe, you are pulling air through the fuel and the spark has a better chance of catching the tinder on fire. Someone noted that certain plant's smoke made you feel "funny" and they liked it. The rest is history! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

9. Damn 789 grams!

10. And I wonder who first smoked it, he probalby got high out of his fucking mind.

11. God has been smoking bowls with Mosses since the begging of time.

12. I know this is going to sound weird but....Don't rule out the fact that plants and animals may be as aware of us as we are of them. Maybe marijuana discovered us and realized that we would cultivate it.

13. I have to smoke that ancient weed.

14. In my opinion, i think that where cannabis grows naturally there was a neanderthal that was looking for wood for a fire, was first drawn to the plant because of its distinct look and aromatic properties. Then said caveman put it in the fire and got high as fuck lol then from there homo sapiens realized the power of marijuana and thus brought forth shamans :smoke:

15. Idk who first discovered weed,but I just had a thought: so you discovered weed but what good is it if fire hasnt been discovered yet :D.