How to use rockwool

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weed4u69, Aug 31, 2011.

1. :wave:
    Hi everyone I'm new to the hydro thing use to growing in dirt. when using rockwool to germinate your seed how much water do you keep in the plastic container before placing it in you hydro system

Thanks
    Hector

2. i'm not quite sure what you are asking...

to germinate in rockwool, let the rockwool soak for 24 hours in water that was pHed to around 5.6 (the ideal pH for hydro). take it out of the water and then carefully place the seed in the tiny hole in the rockwool (it is possible to germinate the seed between two moist paper towels for a few days first or just put the seed directly in the rockwool, both methods work).

with the seed in the rockwool, put it in a warm, dark place and keep it moist (but not too moist because the seed could drown or mould could grow). it's a good idea to put a plant dome over the rockwool to keep the humidity up. now just wait. sprout should pop anywhere from 3 to 10 days. then you can put the sprout (rockwool and all) into your hydro system.

3. after it sprout how tall should it get before putting it into your hydro system. I went with a areoponic system. I know it kind of dump question but all read screwed up 3 whit widows

4. as soon as you see roots out the bottom of the rockwool put it in your bubble bucket or whatever your doing. Use as close to 0 ppm water as possible PHed to 5.8, have the water level touching the bottom of the rockwool until you start to see roots out the bottom of the net pot.