how to use a bud bomb?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by dac9779, May 1, 2009.

1. I purchased one tonight and didnt have any real luck smoking it. I tried smoking it like i would smoke a J. I light the end as i inhaled. A few times i did get smoke, but the rest seemed to be dry. I had to resort to a traditional pipe to get the high i was expecting.

So, i have to ask, how do i properly smoke this. Reviewers said this thing delivers great hits, but i cant agree with that yet.

for those who dont know what this is, then please see The Bud Bomb - Novelty Pipes

2. anyone?!?

3. open it up put the weed in there then screw back on the head and smoke? im pretty sure thats how it works
    just seems like a sneak-a-toke but its got that crazy spinny thing.

4. i can't imagine that thing delivering great hits since it has to go through that thin as fuck helix

5. i had a few better hits from it today, but not the type of hits other people have raved about. I wonder if i just need to pack more in.

I do think the flavor is much better through this than with a bong or pipe.

6. Not exactly sure how this works, but from the looks of it a one hitter would do the job just as well. Hope you end up figuring it out, if you do be sure to let us all know the correct technique!

7. the chamber on this thing is pretty big. I would say a gram could easily fit in it.

I found that the more vertical it is, the better. The tip has 4 small holes, which seems to restrict the amount of flame going in. I wonder if i need a better lighter. Maybe an infrared lighter or something better than my bic.

This device is similar to the Amaze'd, bud burner, and Obliterator. The guy at the headshop had nothing but good things to say about the thing, and i had seen several people here make posts stating how much the like theirs. I know I have to be doing something wrong.

8. i figured it out. you need to inhale slowly, so the flame is drawn in and doesnt get sucked out. The hits are strong but smooth when that happens. the bud ends up looking like it was vapped rather than burned. the smoke is cool and the taste is great.

9. i found another user posting about chilling this pipe before smoking it. I gave it a shot and must say DAMN! The amount of cold metal in this thing cools the smoke instantly. The smoke was very cool and smooth. It stayed cool for several hits too, but the first hot was the best.

10. Cool idea, i'll have to try that on mine.

I did however find out that I have the 'replica' version (a knock-off) of the Bud Bomb, and so I wonder if the differently shaped tip is adversely affecting my not-so-good success rate for my first load tonight.

I'll have to try some more later. I was here looking for technique discussion...

11. turned out to be his lighter, lol

12. #12 eugeneHKrabs, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020