How to transfer music from iPod to computer?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by masterchiefer, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hey blades...I searched a little bit on the internet, but all these sites that i've been seeing seem pretty sketchy and I wanna get some input before I do something.

My computer crashed a month or two ago and I lost everything on my hard drive.. Most of my music is still on my iPod, but since my itunes is now empty, I don't know how to put my music back on. If I try and sync it, it says all the music on the ipod will be replaced with whats on itunes (nothing).

I'm high, hopefully this makes sense. hahaha help me please! :smoking::smoking:

2. I tried unsuccessfully to do this once. I would say get a program that you can use instead of iTunes and you might be able to remove mp3s.

3. Try one of Aiseesoft's ipod to computer programs. It's shareware, but I guess the trial will do for your purpose.

4. One does not simply have access to ipod music.

5. Use iDump...I use it to get music off my friend's iPods

6. I used to do it with iDump, that was a few years ago, dunno if it still exists.

7. It does

8. This. It's not a true hdd storage.

Never had success with free programs to try and transfer stuff.

9. Fuck you apple and your locked up OS.

10. *shakes fist angrily*

11. As for me, I think it easy to find out how to transfer music from iPod to computer. Many users are annoyed about that just because they don't even find the answer on the internent. Below are the ways I found on google. I hope it can help you.
    First, plug your iPod in and wait for the computer to recognize it. Open up 'My Computer' and under 'Devices With Removable Storage', double click and open apple iPod. Click on 'Tools' at the top of the window and drag down to 'Folder Options'. Then under the 'View' tab, find the subfolder called 'Hidden files and folders'. Select the option 'Show hidden files and folders'.Finally, Click 'OK'.