how to tell your parents

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by an1njatac0, Jul 11, 2009.

1. I've been smoking for about 6 months and I really want to stop sneaking around and lieing to my parents. I read the thread about parents who were cool with there kids smoking, but I want to know how I can just tell them. I have a dad who was a hard core alcohalic but he always brags about how he never touched a drug (ironic right), and when drugs come up during conversation he always mentions how he knows I would never be stupid enough to do anything. he also tells me sometimes that marajuana is addictive, he's such a dumbass. my mom is like a hardcore catholic that was raised in a wiked strict irish family. my mom was a little more of a party animal than my dad when she was a kid, but he never did anything. I'm only concerned because they just completely flipped out on my brother for smoking cigs (he's like 14), and they called the police on him when he ran away. I'm not gonna do anything that drastic but I'm still concerned. any suggestions r appreciated.

2. Honestly, I wouldn't tell them. If you know they are already against it, you most likely won't change their opinions. Just wait until you get caught and then blast them with the facts.

I did exactly what you're thinking about when I was younger and my parents didn't accept it. I got caught like a week later and got grounded. They were also suspicious of everything I did and it sucked.

3. well if you know your parents arent gonna be chill about it, i would still keep it a secret from them. my parents know i smoke cigs and shockingly they didnt flip out as much as i thought they would. but theyre always saying how bad drugs and pot is so i cant tell them even though i want too also. either wait a few yrs or never tell them :p

4. alright chill but what do u suggest if I get caught

5. show them the movie: The Union

The FACTS is what it should be called hahah

6. im doin the same shit on monday.
    my mom found my stash on tuesday night and i emailed her the Union but she hasnt said anything so i got together a bunch of research and articles about how its not that bad. I am going to sit down with her and talk like adults because she knows i smoke, but i want her to understand why before i get baked of my face every day in college :smoke:

7. #7 CjX, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009

name calling is not allowed

8. #8 heath, Jul 11, 2009

.... great now somebody has to post the union in another thread

9. #9 sandwichman, Jul 11, 2009

wat???

10. #10 ReD_LiNe, Jul 11, 2009

I think you may be on the wrong forum .... this isn't the DEA's website.

11. #11 FknRockN, Jul 11, 2009

lol. marijuana is about as addictive as coffee, and in most cases it is very rare for people to get dependent.

12. ok I'll have to watch the movie first but I think blasting them with the facts would be a really smart idea and might work

13. Coffee is more addictive.